Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 PT Turbo Convertible Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2010, 05:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation 2005 PT Turbo Convertible Problems

So the other day I drove to work and my check engine light came on. I took the car to the dealer that same day. Long story short the car has had a few engine changes but not to the extent of super power performance booster. The car has 40,800 miles. I have a K & N air filter and a dual Borla Exhaust system w/ a blow off valve. Thats it. I also have a stereo system w/ TV in the headrests and two 10' subs. Basically what the dealer told me I had was electrical probmles. Now to me it seems odd my car thats only got 40K miles has electrical problems already. Based on what i jotted down this is the run down of the problems they gave me:

* Battery Sensor Voltage High
*Power Steering Switch Performance Sensor---
*Bad Terminal Connections
* Driveability (Idling)-I noticed when I drove into the freeway and I went up to 60-70 MPH my RPM's were going up around 4K and as soon as I maintained my speed at 65ish the RPM gauge dropped down to 2K real fast and kind of looked to slowly increase towards 3K and this is while i was still driving at 65 MPH.

Any work I have ever had done was with the dealer ship with the exeption of the system and the battery that i purchased w/ the audio guys.

Does this seem reasonable? Anyone had problems like this?
Old 22 Jul 2010, 06:41 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Turbo Convertible Problems

I would ask them for the exact codes they pulled or learn the "key dance" and you can pull the codes yourself. Are they telling you that the grounding is not good? I don't understand what they are saying.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 23 Jul 2010, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2005 PT Turbo Convertible Problems

Welcome to the forums.
Get the trouble codes yourself and google them:
How to retrieve fault codes.

Original battery? Go to a place that tests them for free - I think Sears and WalMart do.

Not sure about you driveability comment - sounds like transmission was going between 3rd and 4th gear...
Consider having the transmission flushed and be sure they use only ATF + 4.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Tags
electrical problems, sensors, turbo rpm