Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Has anyone installed a Jet Chip 90417S in a pt gt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2010, 12:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Has anyone installed a Jet Chip 90417S in a pt gt

hello I was wondering if anyone has installed a Jet Chip 90417S in a pt gt.

And if it works with a atx tranny and Pt Gt Turbo?

I know all about the deablo sport preditor. And NO I dont need one. I do not like them.

So if you know about the Jet Chip 90417S please post up.

Thanks
Old 30 Oct 2010, 03:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Has anyone installed a Jet Chip 90417S in a pt gt

IMHO the Jet chip for the PT is garbage. Big waste of money. Why don't you like the DSP? It is more than worth the money, especially compared with the crappy Jet chip. Lots of people have the DSP and love it. You could also look for a used Stage 1, especially with an automatic PT. If you are going to add more power you need to enhance the tranny shift points and only Stage 1 does this. Bottom line is if you ran a Jet chip equipped GT against a Stage 1 or DSP equipped GT the Jet chip GT would get humbled.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 06:42 pm
Banned

Didn't you wonder why no was trying to buy the chip on this site. The only component in them that does anything of any consequence is a resistor that you can buy for $5.00 at any radio shack. It lies to the PCM and tells it that the IAT is receiving colder air than is actually occuring. Colder air = more air taking up the same space in each intake charge in our cylinders. The PCM adds more fuel to balance the larger quantity of cold air that it thinks is in the cylinders. More gas in this case means more power.

By the way, the "Jet" does nothing to change the auto tranny in any way. Chryslers "Stage 1" Is the only tranny upgrade that is available with one exception and that company hasn't made any products for our cruiser for years. It was Kenne bell and they were the only ones that I know of that had cracked the auto codes. I called and e-mailed them a couple times and they are simply "DONE" with the pt product line and have moved on, several years ago.

Jerry
Old 31 Oct 2010, 09:46 am
Senior Cruiser

Does Mopar still making the Stage 1's for the auto pt turbos? If not then what is the best choice if you want to upgrade the CPU with trans set up's? I was looking into the Jet chip but I can see now is not the way to go!!! Any other chip or computer out there that is compatable with the Stage 1?
Old 31 Oct 2010, 02:49 pm
Banned

As I said in my previous post, no one other than Chrysler is making anything that will improve our auto trannys function for the turbos. It's the "stage 1" and it stands alone at this point. Both DSP and SCT will give you more power, but they do nothing for the ATX. SORRY That's why most of us are recommending to first get a STAGE 1 and then put the DSP or SCT on top of it to get the most power out of your engine. Both DSP and SCT are very good tuners that will enable you to change all the necessary elements (boost, stkr, ltkr, remove cot, injector control, etc., etc.).

Jerry
Old 31 Oct 2010, 04:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
As I said in my previous post, no one other than Chrysler is making anything that will improve our auto trannys function for the turbos. It's the "stage 1" and it stands alone at this point. Both DSP and SCT will give you more power, but they do nothing for the ATX. SORRY That's why most of us are recommending to first get a STAGE 1 and then put the DSP or SCT on top of it to get the most power out of your engine. Both DSP and SCT are very good tuners that will enable you to change all the necessary elements (boost, stkr, ltkr, remove cot, injector control, etc., etc.).

Jerry
Thank you for the info my friend! My last question is.. Is Mopar still making the Stage 1?
Old 31 Oct 2010, 05:13 pm
Banned

It's my understanding that, no, Chrysler is no longer making speed (performance) products for our discontinued PT. They have moved on. I've heard that some aftermarket companies like Summit, Jeg's, Forward motion, Howell, maybe DCR, Etc. still have new "stage 1's" on their shelves. Obviously that situation will not last forever. Finding one used on say "The Crew" or one of the SRT forums is also a likely method of finding one. The new ones are very expensive because of the old "supply and demand" situation that now reigns over this product.

Personally, I have an N/A (slightly modded!) so I'm not as versed in what is still available for the turbo as I would be if I had one. Sorry I'm not more help.

Jerry
Old 31 Oct 2010, 05:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Depending on the year. I found my stage 1 on eBay, for $200. They pop up every once in a while.

Forums and craigslist are 2 other choices.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 31 Oct 2010, 06:12 pm
Banned

Yea, I never think about e-bay or Craigs List because, beleive it or not, I've never been to either one. I'm probably the last person in the world to have not been there, done that.

Jerry
Old 31 Oct 2010, 06:27 pm
Veteran Cruiser

It's my addiction. Most of what I've doneto my car has been from eBay. The video stuff I had, the stage 1, my headunit.

Craigslist was my pirelli pzero, sub and box, soon to be hardpipes.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*