Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2.4l engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2003, 03:35 am
Regular Cruiser

Default 2.4l engine.

From what I have read, the SRT4 has a better intake, exhaust, and some other stuff.

Why not order those parts and put it on the GT?[:I]

<-------(Not a mechanic)How hard can it be?
Old 06 Dec 2003, 05:18 am
Young Cruiser

It would be very easy to do...if your engine was on a stand. 2 very different vehicles. The engine compartment in the GT will not allow room for the short runner intake of the SRT.
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection
Old 06 Dec 2003, 09:21 am
Senior Cruiser

also the srt-4 has no mufflers.
Old 06 Dec 2003, 05:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey Punch, that's a problem how?

AC
Old 06 Dec 2003, 08:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

not a problem at all, just letting the original poster know about this, as the srt-4 exhaust won't fit the pt.
Old 07 Dec 2003, 03:11 am
Cool Cruiser

Mopar (or other) cat-back exhaust will bring a normal PT Turbo up to SRT-like engine performance. The intake differences aren't substantial.
Old 07 Dec 2003, 11:29 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 3BarBoost

Mopar (or other) cat-back exhaust will bring a normal PT Turbo up to SRT-like engine performance. The intake differences aren't substantial.
Is that the reason that the demo cars at the PT Invitational felt so strong? If not why? The 220hp car that I drove hauled a**, spun the tires in the first to second upshift. My Stage 1 won't/doesn't do that any more. I get (according to my Autometer gage) max boost of 12 then down to about 10, and then it drops off. Anyway the car will pull like all heck if I keep my foot in it. BTW, I'm not asking you to diagnose my car, but I'm asking what the hell did you guys do to that 220hp car that I drove at the PT Invitational to make it run so good?

Macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 07 Dec 2003, 02:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

I don't remember the 220 hp cars having the Mopar exhausts on them. Granted, I was only driving the Stage 1 car so I may be confusing things.

As to why it felt so good (relatively speaking), I haven't the foggiest. The eight cars we had were all just average fleet cars, detailed and then stickered to look pretty. Having said that, I think you are the fourth or fifth person complain about performance being really good when you installed S1 and then some time later it wasn't as impressive. At least one complaint was due to the different temperatures outside affecting the boost (which it is supposed to), and you have a boost gauge as well so there might be a link there. As for whether it is faster or slower, only a trip to the track would be conclusive - and nobody has really done that but me. My car has 8k miles on it now, as fast as the day I got it (well, actually the week after).

If we do establish it is slower, then you might want to play with the wastegate like I have suggested a few times (helper spring, bending the mounting bracket) due to possible "relaxation" of the bent wastegate arm.
Old 07 Dec 2003, 05:22 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 3BarBoost

I don't remember the 220 hp cars having the Mopar exhausts on them. Granted, I was only driving the Stage 1 car so I may be confusing things.

As to why it felt so good (relatively speaking), I haven't the foggiest. The eight cars we had were all just average fleet cars, detailed and then stickered to look pretty. Having said that, I think you are the fourth or fifth person complain about performance being really good when you installed S1 and then some time later it wasn't as impressive. At least one complaint was due to the different temperatures outside affecting the boost (which it is supposed to), and you have a boost gauge as well so there might be a link there. As for whether it is faster or slower, only a trip to the track would be conclusive - and nobody has really done that but me. My car has 8k miles on it now, as fast as the day I got it (well, actually the week after).

If we do establish it is slower, then you might want to play with the wastegate like I have suggested a few times (helper spring, bending the mounting bracket) due to possible "relaxation" of the bent wastegate arm.
Thanks, I'll do a check on the wastegate bracket adjustment procedure.

Waiting on Stage II

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 08 Dec 2003, 12:15 am
Senior Cruiser

any chance it just feels slower becuase you are now used to the new power?

when i got my pt gt it felt super fast, now it just seems so so.....