PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo leaking oil

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2003, 03:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo
Default Turbo leaking oil

Months ago when I took the silencers out of the intake I noticed some oil in the bottom of my air box. When we were fabricating stuff at my friends turbo shop we noticed that the oil was not just in the air box but at each connection. The turbo blade is loose. We took the air intake pipe off and turned the car on for 30 seconds or so.. turned it off and some oil was leaking out of the turbo. My friend said the reason the oil was in all the pipes and connections is because the force of the turbo blows the oil through everything. It made it to the TB so the oil was going in my engine also.

I took my car to the dealer on Thursday. On Friday they called me and said that they had 3 other turbo pt's and they all had some oil in the intake box and that Chrysler said some oil is normal. I went back to the dealer and looked at my car with the mechanic and showed him that is was the turbo that was leaking oil. I am bringing it back on Monday and they are going to order a new turbo (guess it is a star item and it will take 3 days or so to get in). I didn't know if anyone else noticed this problem?

Oh ya they were going to charge me a looking at the car fee. I asked to see the manager and told them that I talked to head Chrysler people at the Pomona block party thing and that I told them I was having problems with this dealership because my car was lowered. I recited the warrantee guidelines to them. I also told them that at the block party I had been given a 1-800# to call if I had any more problems. After that the service manager treated me very well.. not sure why..
Old 08 Dec 2003, 09:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

I just picked my car up from the dealer. Chrystler said they know there is a problem with a lot or all of the pt's with blow by but at this time they dont have an answer but that they are working on it.
Old 09 Dec 2003, 01:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Nice...wish I could tell my customers that. LOL

Old 09 Dec 2003, 07:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

maybe if you had a BOV they could blame it for that too!?
Old 09 Dec 2003, 08:32 pm
Administrator

this dude has oil probs with his n/a..
http://www.ptcruiserproblems.com

Old 09 Dec 2003, 09:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ya I put all my stock parts back on.. (I have a Blitz blow off valve) I am going to have fun when I start relocating more things for more crazy mods.

(Could be off a small amount on my #'s) Oh also this is funny the service guy told me that most car company's have a 1 QT lose every 2 thousand miles and on older cars 1 QT every 700 miles is in tolerance. I was like WTF!!! What a catch all..

Then today I got a thing in the mail saying they were going to send a survey out to me and would like it if I put all exceptional.

I wrote the 1-800# down somewhere but cant find it.. Maybe one of the other guys on here has it.. Also I everyone in the discussion groups got to talk to tons of the engineers, I don't know any of there names sorry... I wish I had a direct line to them so I could ask more in depth questions..