Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lack of power, need a lead foot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2003, 03:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Lack of power, need a lead foot?

I've noticed a sudden lack of power in my 2003 Turbo. It is a 5 speed model and I recently had the 5 speed recall work done on it. Two things of interest since the recall work...

when I shut the motor off I don't hear the turbo wind down which I remember was a sound I heard on a regualr basis.

I really have to put my foot down hard on the gas pedal to get the power to the wheels. This is odd because not too long ago it didn't take much pressure on the gas pedal to get up to substantial "push you back in your seat" type speed.

I am planning on taking the vehicle back to the dealer but wonder if there isn't a turbo related problem or maybe the gas pedal is not adjusted correctly. Anyone experience such a problem before or have any insight, thanks.

Warren
Old 19 Dec 2003, 08:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Sounds like dealer messed up the throttle cable somehow. Might not be openning.
Old 20 Dec 2003, 11:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hondast1100

I've noticed a sudden lack of power in my 2003 Turbo. It is a 5 speed model and I recently had the 5 speed recall work done on it. Two things of interest since the recall work...

when I shut the motor off I don't hear the turbo wind down which I remember was a sound I heard on a regualr basis.

I really have to put my foot down hard on the gas pedal to get the power to the wheels. This is odd because not too long ago it didn't take much pressure on the gas pedal to get up to substantial "push you back in your seat" type speed.

I am planning on taking the vehicle back to the dealer but wonder if there isn't a turbo related problem or maybe the gas pedal is not adjusted correctly. Anyone experience such a problem before or have any insight, thanks.

Warren
My car did the same thing, 2 months ago, it worked itself back though.
Old 21 Dec 2003, 04:55 am
Fanatic Cruiser

take off the T/B guard and check the cable for slack... or even take off the pressure pipe and see if the butterfly is opening enough. You may have a leak somewhere too
Old 21 Dec 2003, 06:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Appreciate the words of advice. I've got an appointment at the dealer later in the week. I'll post their findings and if they don't find anything I'll do some digging around.

Warren

Old 26 Dec 2003, 08:47 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well I just picked up my PT Turbo from the dealer, sure enough, the throttle cable was out of adjustment. Noticed it immediately when I got inside and noticed the gas pedal was closer to my foot and further from the floor board. As soon as I got her out on the streets that good old being pushed back in the seat feeling was back again. Glad to have back the PT that fills my need for speed.

[8)]
Warren
Old 26 Dec 2003, 09:47 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

hondast1100, welcome to the forum and congrats on getting your GT back the way it should be. Lots of good info on this forum as you can tell.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 28 Dec 2003, 12:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

glad its ok!! enjoy it!!