Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Thanks for the help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Thanks for the help

I had posted about 4 weeks ago about my blown turbo. I was looking for information and ideas on what to do. As a new turbo owner I felt quite dumb about all that I did not know when it comes to the protocol of owning a turbo.
This forum was incredibly helpful and I greatly appreciate it. You recommended Chris from Turbos Unleashed and man, were you right! After weighing out all the information that I had gathered I called him and he spent a considerable amount of time with me on the phone asking questions and explaining what he felt the solution was. I feel he went over and above the call of duty when it comes to me just ordering a replacement turbocharger from him. He really wanted to make sure that I was comfortable with the decision. I had read a post here were someone was unhappy with the amount of time it took for him to get his parts that he ordered from TU. I ordered my turbo on a Thursday and received it on the following Monday. I think that was pretty quick. I sent the parts that I bought and all the instructions that were packed with it to my mechanic. It went under the knife 2 days ago and I am happy to announce that she survived the operation. I am again a happy and more informed 2.4 Turbo limited owner! All that was done to get her running again cost 50% less than what the dealer was trying to squeeze out of me, as well as finding out they were trying to charge me for parts that I did not need. Chris you were right! The dealer and I are still going round about the whole ordeal. They have admitted to the deception but with a stock reason why. Chrysler corp. is now involved as I am pissed at the way they handled my service or should I say non-service. It may just be my dealer, however I have discovered that this may be everyday practice for many Chrysler dealers out there.
So, to all the helpful owners in this forum and to Chris at Turbos Unleashed I give you a huge thanks for you help, advice and the respect that I was given.
I am a better Cruiser owner for it. By the way It was a tall order to find a mechanic who was qualified to replace the Chrysler turbo in the small area in PA that I am from, but I found a good one. If you need to know I will gladly share.
Thank You
Jeanette
Proud owner of a 2006 2.4 Turbo Limited
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel
Thumbs up Re: Thanks for the help

Chris is the thing!
Old 25 Jun 2011, 11:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Thanks for the help

Yep, told you he's the schizzle! When it comes to Chris and turbos, I'm totally not worthy!

Old 26 Jun 2011, 01:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Thanks for the help

He is not the snizzle he's the shisnit!