PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Blitz turbo boost controler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jan 2004, 07:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj
Default Blitz turbo boost controler

Has anyone istalled a blitze turbo boost controler ??? what other controler's have been installed???

Don
Old 09 Jan 2004, 10:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Blitz makes high quality products, very nice stuff.
Other boost controller that have been installed can be divided into Electric and Manual.
Electric: Apex'i AVC-R the best, Greddy Profc-B Spec II etc
Manual: Turbo XS HPBC the best, Hallmann, Turbosmart etc
Old 10 Jan 2004, 12:17 am
Senior Cruiser

cop where my pictures at???
Old 10 Jan 2004, 11:59 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I used the APEXi and loved it!!!

[img] http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/fc00e5cd.jpg [/img]

I made a horrible error and sold it when I got Stage one... Now I am crying to the owner to sell it back to me... With no success

Ian
Old 10 Jan 2004, 02:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

How hard was it to install the Apexi boost controler

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 10 Jan 2004, 02:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dfunkdj

Has anyone istalled a blitze turbo boost controler ??? what other controler's have been installed???

Don
Has anyone used a simple "G" valve to set the boost level?
Will the OBDII system record the overboost and allow DC to void your warantee? Where can I find info on the stage II kit?
Old 10 Jan 2004, 04:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Is there a consensus on how to hook up an MBC on the PT GT? [:I] On the srt forum they were going back and forth on the install. One completely bypassing all computer control and the other leaving everything stock and installing it( I believe, have to re-read the post) between the WGA and the turbo, bypassing the #2 solenoid, they are getting good numbers with stage I this way and no boost spikes/ fluctuations etc.

I have also read where we are losing close to 1 pound of boost (?) that is dumping into the turbo intlet tube which is used to purge the EVAP cannister and maintain vacuum at the cruise control under boost conditions. The srt-4 people ar capping this line and have experienced an increase in power. They, however do not have cruise control. Has anyone tried capping this off on there PT yet? I rarely use my cruise control since mine is a 5spd.

Also since I am here, someone made a post about a company that makes a very slim set of gauges and they use a suction cup to attach to the windshield. I can not seem to find the post. Does anyone know what company makes these? I need to get a boost guage asap and I only want a boost gauge so I don't need a double or triple gauge pod, no one seems to make a single pod that will fit properly on the PT.

Thanks
Old 10 Jan 2004, 06:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dfunkdj

How hard was it to install the Apexi boost controler

Don
This is how The solenoid was installed:

The hose on the left goes to the wastegate. The one at the bottom of the solenoid connects to the turbo exhaust fitting.

The wiring goes thru the firewall using the parking brake hole and into the glove comparment.

In order for you to use all the fetures of it, you have to tap into the PCM wiring. TPS, RPM, Vehicle speed and tap to a VAC hose for its own Boost sensor which is behind the APEXi Solenoid with the blue line.
Old 10 Jan 2004, 09:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Punch!! I told ya as SOON as i can get a hold of my buddies digi-cam, i'll give you some pics! Apexi is very very nice, and the price definitely follows.
Old 11 Jan 2004, 01:17 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ptgtcb

Is there a consensus on how to hook up an MBC on the PT GT? [:I] On the srt forum they were going back and forth on the install. One completely bypassing all computer control and the other leaving everything stock and installing it( I believe, have to re-read the post) between the WGA and the turbo, bypassing the #2 solenoid, they are getting good numbers with stage I this way and no boost spikes/ fluctuations etc.
I'm thinking they are all valid.. I was leaning towards bypassing the WGA solenoid completely, but there's been a lot of folks over there who then have the stutter/flutter problem.. I'm currently looking at setting mine up to use all factory set-ups during normal operation, then at WOT AND 10psi bypassing the WGA solenoid and using an MBC set to 18 or so psi (via a throttle switch from NOS, a pressure switch, and boost solenoid). AR, EGT, and logging knock and timing sensors will ultimately dictate my second stage boost.
Quote:
quote: I need to get a boost guage asap and I only want a boost gauge so I don't need a double or triple gauge pod, no one seems to make a single pod that will fit properly on the PT.
I bought an electric Greddy boost/vacuum guage from a local "import" shop, and an Autometer mounting cup from the local Jegs (it's just a canister that the guage drops in, with mounting brackets). I mounted it on the top left corner of the steering column. It looks real clean. Oh, and those generic pillar pods just use a heat gun to shape it to the curve of your pillar.