Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Megasquirt ECU

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Sep 2011, 12:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Megasquirt ECU

I'm noticing more and more motors (NGC4 motor, 36-2+2 wheel to be exact) running megasquirt, which is good! There's some testing that I've been doing for our community to provide the results to one of the developers from the megasquirt extra forums, but we need a larger sample size than myself and another guy.

The info required will come from those of you with at least MS2e and have wired in both cam and crank sensors. If you fit this criteria and would like to participate, would you please send me an e-mail (mailto:swnp@hotmail.com) with a composite log of your motor idling. It doesn't have to be very long at all. You can stop it when you see it record anywhere between five and ten. Also, in your e-mail tell me about your motor. Basically if it's been modified in a way to change it's timing; shaved head, decked block, cam gears, new water pump, bone stock, etc. And lastly, your handle on these forums (so I know who the hell you are! ).

I'm using this info to gather a broader picture of the cam/crank timing used in the NGC4 to better assist James in the function of our motors.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 18 Sep 2011, 01:01 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Megasquirt ECU

MegaSquirt is the registered trademark of an aftermarket electronic fuel injection (EFI) controller designed to be used with a wide range of spark-ignition internal combustion engines (i.e., not diesel engines.) It is a complete standalone fuel injection controller with software and hardware, developed by Bruce Bowling and Al Grippo, developers that work on the US East Coast. The software for the platform is open for modification (for use on Bowling and Grippo hardware only). The hardware provides for only fuel, ignition and idle air control in most cases, keeping the cost low (though there are user configurable outputs in most cases for other functions). The hardware is open in that the schematics are available for troubleshooting and educational purposes, but not for copying. The product is aimed at the DIY market as in most cases MegaSquirt requires assembly and tuning by the user. Basic costs can be below US$300 as of 2009, although this will vary widely depending on application.

You might want to try over at PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it. If anyone is using that, it'll be those guys.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 02:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the run-down for the uninitiated. I'll check those guys out too and see if there's any interest over there.

Thanks again.
Old 18 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm
Veteran Cruiser

The Neon uses standalone MS-

It's simple to build- Really. $200.

If you just install piggy back fuel, it's an EZ install on neon.

Programming isn't simple.