PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Boost pressure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Sep 2011, 02:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Boost pressure

OK guys, here's the thing - how do you up the boost on the PT? Downside is it's a diesel but that shouldn't be an issue I think. With the TDi Focus it was just a case of interrupting the boost control line with a t-off and adding a gauge along with an adjuster... tell me it's that simple here too?

Arthur - realising the turbo diesel is a bit sparse (to say the least) in the US )

Last edited by Arthur; 19 Sep 2011 at 04:54 am.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 07:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Boost pressure

The only way I know is to buy a stage 4 kit for a Dodge Neon. You get a new turbo, 4 new injectors, high pressure injector pump, new ECU. 280 hp on 93 octane, 300 hp on 100 octane. Downside: it costs nearly $4000. If you want more acceleration, cheap way is to put 14" wheels on front. BTW, if you are willing to give up a little hp, the turbo engine runs fine on 89 octane.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 07:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

hope this helps.
Old 20 Sep 2011, 07:20 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

King Arthur, you might want to visit PTCrew.com, there is quite a lot of discussions regarding boost pressure. I have no clue when it comes to the diesel, and on my own PT it's a programming issue that takes only a few minutes to adjust. One the petrol engine, you have to really be careful upping boost and watch your air/fuel ratios or you can grenade your engine.....

oh, a friend of mine took a video of his girlfriend upping the boost pressure....

I would need my own forum just to list my mods!!!
Remember, a PT Cruiser is not just a car, it's a way of life!
LAUS DEO SEMPER

Please visit the Tech Docs Library and you'll find many of your answers!
Old 22 Oct 2011, 10:58 am
Regular Cruiser

Sorry people, just got back to this thread. First though, I have a diesel so upping the boost a little is no major issue wrt stressing parts. I am pretty well OK with rewriting the ECU to allow for this (clearly if not then the ecu will simply drop the pressure back to "normal"). I have an induction kit fitted with cold air intake from the front of the car, upping boost seems like the next best step... though finding someone with experience of the PT diesel is proving harder than I thought!

Arthur

PS - that vid's been removed because of "hate speech"?
Old 22 Oct 2011, 02:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by starman View Post
The only way I know is to buy a stage 4 kit for a Dodge Neon. You get a new turbo, 4 new injectors, high pressure injector pump, new ECU. 280 hp on 93 octane, 300 hp on 100 octane. Downside: it costs nearly $4000. If you want more acceleration, cheap way is to put 14" wheels on front. BTW, if you are willing to give up a little hp, the turbo engine runs fine on 89 octane.
This is a joke, right? Everything is wrong with this answer. There is no stage 4 and the GT does not run "fine" on 89 octane. Can't believe cheap people who will save a couple of dollars a fill up using a lower octane than specified that might cause engine damage.
Old 02 Nov 2011, 02:40 am
Fanatic Cruiser

That post made me lol. Stage 4? Roflcopterpants.

GT - FID 1200cc injectors, DS Trinity with CMR tune, 3" O2/catless downpipe, 3" DP-back exhaust, 3bar MAP/TIP. Still a work-in-progress with tons of parts left to swap.

Old 02 Nov 2011, 10:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

well not to mention that ITS A DESIEL and verry clearly stated IT IS A DESIEL and im pretty sure that 89 octang is like a NONONONONO