Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Aftermarlet FMIC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2011, 09:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Question Aftermarlet FMIC?

Looking to get a new FMIC, for some reason mine is a little damaged and mom saw it... and wants me to look for a new one. Any ideas on an after market thats a direct fit? Or maybe a place to buy a kit?

I found this, but didn't know if it's a good deal or still valid.
Hahn Racecraft Intercooler / Piping

Thanks ahead of time!

Wife's White 2002 Limited: Konig 17" Rims, 5000k White HID Head Lights,

My Red 2003 GT: Sold.....
Old 06 Oct 2011, 09:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Aftermarlet FMIC?

Depends on what you want to do. Is your PT a GT, HO, or a "turbo lite"? If it's an HO or GT, then I'd go with something like the FMIC you see in my sig block below. Got that from Taggart_LOA here on the forums. Great price but not cheap. It's a Stage 2 FMIC, so much larger, keeps you running way more cool air into your turbo though!

I also have friends who have used one's taken off of cars, and one of the member's here has used one's in the For Sale section. Personally, I tried to get a regular OEM one when I demolished the front end of my PT, but the closest I could find was $687, and since the insurance was paying I thought, "why not go for the bigger one". Now if you're driving an '06 or up PT, then I'd suggest you think hard about it. A stage 2 FMIC will require some modifications to the front bumper cover. You can sort of see that in my pic below.

Otherwise, that's not a terribly bad price you show, but I'd be VERY careful and insure fitment is correct and that they will refund if it doesn't fit. Seen several now who tried a new IC and lost out, had to end up taking the PT to the welder to have the front end remodeled to fit it.

If you're running an '01 thru 05, I'd say call Taggart and get a stage 2 FMIC from him.
Old 06 Oct 2011, 09:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Aftermarlet FMIC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Depends on what you want to do. Is your PT a GT, HO, or a "turbo lite"? If it's an HO or GT, then I'd go with something like the FMIC you see in my sig block below. Got that from Taggart_LOA here on the forums. Great price but not cheap. It's a Stage 2 FMIC, so much larger, keeps you running way more cool air into your turbo though!

I also have friends who have used one's taken off of cars, and one of the member's here has used one's in the For Sale section. Personally, I tried to get a regular OEM one when I demolished the front end of my PT, but the closest I could find was $687, and since the insurance was paying I thought, "why not go for the bigger one". Now if you're driving an '06 or up PT, then I'd suggest you think hard about it. A stage 2 FMIC will require some modifications to the front bumper cover. You can sort of see that in my pic below.

Otherwise, that's not a terribly bad price you show, but I'd be VERY careful and insure fitment is correct and that they will refund if it doesn't fit. Seen several now who tried a new IC and lost out, had to end up taking the PT to the welder to have the front end remodeled to fit it.

If you're running an '01 thru 05, I'd say call Taggart and get a stage 2 FMIC from him.
I have an '03 HO GT and I saw that Taggart_LOA had some for others, but wasn't sure if he was still selling. I will talk to him about it, I think I saw something his stage 2...

Wife's White 2002 Limited: Konig 17" Rims, 5000k White HID Head Lights,

My Red 2003 GT: Sold.....

Last edited by Jimmy2011; 10 Mar 2012 at 03:55 am.