Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Which Dual Exhaust and CAI?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2004, 01:02 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Which Dual Exhaust and CAI?

After my 3rd day of ownership I feel I have waited too long to decide on a Dual exhaust and Cold Air Intake.

I have always used Borla on other vehicles in the past, they've done well and sound/look good.

I don't know anything about CAI.

I am just looking to put a bit more power under the hood and correct the Chrysler error (imho) of not having standard dual exhaust.

BTW, How does one make the correct half hole for the second exhaust pipe?

Thanks!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 02:23 am
Regular Cruiser

Keep in mind - dual exhaust is really just for looks on an inline 4 - no better then a decent single system... But duals do go with the PT styling
- Custom exhaust: no muffler, side exit.
- Replaced air box with open end cone filter.
- Stage 1
Old 12 Jan 2004, 03:26 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jason_L

Keep in mind - dual exhaust is really just for looks on an inline 4 - no better then a decent single system...

One of the best buys available in a straight-through performance exhaust IMHO is the BTG™ AXLE/BACK MUFFLER...

...$225.95 including free ground shipping. Check it out at: http://www.pt-tuning.com/performance...ackSingle.html Members of the forum who have purchased this exhaust have good things to say about it. [|)]
BTG also makes a dual exhaust system (http://www.pt-tuning.com/performance...BTG-Duals.html)

and a CAI (http://www.pt-tuning.com/performance...Turbo-BTG.html)...

Good luck. [8)]
Old 12 Jan 2004, 03:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

I am a Borla fan too. I wish the BTG came in a 2.5" version but I will probably end up with the Borla on my PT also. As for cutting the rear facia, from what I understand it is soft and pretty easy to cut with some snips. I may try a very fine coping saw so I can back-cut it a bit, then sand and paint with touchup paint.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 12 Jan 2004, 05:22 pm
Young Cruiser

I just took off the Borla Duals 2 1/2" after running them for ~2 years on my 2001 PT. I loved them! Nice rumble, NO highway drone. I needed to go with a full 3" system to compliment my upgrades.
I'm not sure if they are the same part # as the GT's but I have them in a box and ready to ship from AZ if you are interested.
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection
Old 12 Jan 2004, 05:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

So, should I be getting a bigger than 2.5" diameter dual exhaust?

And, I'm still not sure how to get the exhaust into place with the plastic in place. Should I just try to find a confident exhaust shop?

Any photos or directions will help.

Thanks.

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 12 Jan 2004, 08:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Ant, you got mail
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 12 Jan 2004, 08:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 026TB4U

ant you have another e-mail
Old 12 Jan 2004, 10:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

I just installed the BTG cat/back dual exhaust two weeks ago and it is not difficult. I backed the car up on ramps. Cutting the facia is easy, I just used tin snips (a little finish sanding to smooth the cut) and the template that comes in the kit. Stick a floor jack under the catalitic converter to hold it in place while you remove the existing piping.
The new sound is great. Let me know if you have any questions.