Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anyone running NOS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2004, 03:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Anyone running NOS?

Does anybody have a NOS or similar kit installed? If so, what kind? and is it any good?

I like to go to a 1/4 mile track near my place and I'm considering it.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 09:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

a few people on here are running nitrous... "NoS" and "Nitrous Works" both have kits out for us. It has to be a wet kit. In general a 75 shot will fix your need for speed.
Old 13 Jan 2004, 09:49 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I installed the ZEX Wet nitrous in my neigbor's car and it is a great kit! All you need for the instalation is included exept the Wrenches and the Dril bit for the mounting clamp. it comes with all the nessesary wire taps and plugs for a clean install. It even has a tool to remove the valve at the shrader conection. No microswitches to deal with. Just tap the TPS and perform the 10 sec learning mode and you are done. The hardest part is drilling the trunk for the four bolts that will hold the bottle in place and in his case a hole to exit the Nitrous line and one for the blow out tube.

I am thinking of buying for myself the Venom wet system for Returnless fuel systems.

Just remember to buy the safety blowout tube for you to run at the tracks. This item is mandatory for all open rear trunk.

Ian
Old 13 Jan 2004, 03:13 pm
Young Cruiser

I have a ZEX wet setup on my 01 non-turbo. 75 extra HP when I need it and what a rush. You might want to contact ZEX and see if their system would work with your Turbo. Here's their URL.
http://www.zex.com/
Old 14 Jan 2004, 10:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Zex only makes two wet kits 82021 and 82023 The only difference is the HP range.

82021 is from 55 to 75 HP
82023 is from 75 to 125 HP

They don't make vehicle specific kits. They just decide if the car would work with a dry or wet.

I am also pondering to buy the NX intercooler sprayer thru JC Witney. They have it for a very good price. I was reading that an SRT owner installed a CO2 system to cool the I/C but stopped using it because the CO2 was going inside the engine... If this happens to the PT... Some horepower will be increased by NOS going into the engine and the rest from the IC cooling down...

Just another Idea that I am having...

Ian