Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Autostick thunk when stopped

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Nov 2011, 08:36 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Autostick thunk when stopped

So I was out driving my new (new to me) 06 GT vert yesterday and I decided to try out the autostick. I have never had one before and I have never really driven a manual either.

I was sitting at a stoplight and moved the shifter to autostick and started moving changing gears to get the hang of it. When shifting from 3 to 2 there was a slightly noticeable thunk. It wasn't really a sound but something that I could feel. When I moved from 2 to 1 it got even worse. I could definitely feel the change and it freaked me out a little.

Is that normal for this trans? It has me slightly worried that I need to get it check out. The car only has 28K miles so unless the previous owner was really hard on the trans then it should be ok.

Thanks
Eric

Old 06 Nov 2011, 11:20 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel
Default Re: Autostick thunk when stopped

mine dosent do that... it changes smooth and even when the pcm wants to... some times I try to change gear up or down and does not hange until like 3 seconds latter... but its a gt I dont know if for a newer vert its a common thing... maybe has something to do with your torque engine mounts or the.transmission mount... But some one should put out here how to drive the autostick necause to be onest I dont know at what rpm range can I do what exact gear change... I know and you now gonna know that you should never boost in 4th gear... you would fry your transmission... you should get a boost gauge... because before I got mine... I tough the car was down shifting when flooring it in 4th but now I know it was boosting... thats why I feel it like a rocket my transmission tech toldme that our transmissions are just a N/A pt transmission with and electronic module that its the autostick... and that I never abuse of it... but to be onest I think it needs to be more strong for the turbo aplication, because Ive seen some autosticks stage 0 in the track and they floor it... but you should check your engine mounts maybe they are gone