Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 turbo calling all experts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2012, 01:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy 03 turbo calling all experts

Ok guys I am gonna be as simple and informative as possible need help. I bought my pt from single owner it has 130,000 miles I was told timing belt was done but alas it broke and against odds bent valves.

Replaced parts: timing belt, water pump, a used head with 50,000 miles on it, all new gaskets, oil pressure switch, pcv valve, spark plugs, plug wires, new coil (will explain why in a sec), all motor mounts on passenger side.

Ok So now hard part car is completely back together and I am now having the infamous ignition problem. DA DA DA sorry pulling hair out have to use humor. I have been reading these forums for a while and many say they have same problem and symptoms but no solutions.

CODES: p2305, p0351, p2302, p0300, p0352

I know what the codes mean and here is what the car is doing and what i have done.

Car will start and idle just fine then as i start down street engine light will come on and car will go limp. I turn car off check codes then reset and start car and it runs fine for about another block before happening again.

Thought it was coil bought a new one and had the same issue so i have checked coil, plugs, wires.

I wasn't sure if having a tooth out of time would cause this does anybody have any suggestions?
Old 24 Jan 2012, 08:10 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: 03 turbo calling all experts

Have you checked the timing to make sure is not off?
Old 24 Jan 2012, 02:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I did have the timing off at first since the timing seems to be so hard to set on these 2.4l I am about 99% sure I have it right now. I checked it multipule times setting it back and forth a tooth and checking with a remote start then starting the car carefully. I read all the forums on it and settle on the spot where when you put a ruler across it the timing marks are a little above it and the crank is on the trailing edge of the tooth on the crank shaft. It matched every bit of information I could find on the subject. I also did a compression test. If u know of a way to make sure i Have set timing correct maybe picture or how to tell for 100% I would be glad to check again.
Old 24 Jan 2012, 05:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/at...-picture-8.png

Watch out for anchor engine mounts!!

Tags
coil, ignition, spark plugs, timing belt, turbo