PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
diablosport intune awesome!!!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2012, 02:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default diablosport intune awesome!!!

Just wanted to mention this fyi bought the diablosport intune loaded the canned tune worth every penny major difference! I have an 06 gt auto with airbox mod k&n exhaust cutout and mopar bov. I couldnt really find any reviews on this product for my vehicle but worth the 389.00!
XtrmDC2 likes this.
Old 07 Apr 2012, 10:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: diablosport intune awesome!!!

What exactly changed with the intune? I want to get one myself and would like to kno how it is. Can u control boost with it?
Old 08 Apr 2012, 05:29 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: diablosport intune awesome!!!

You can control the boost ,air fuel ratio, timing, electric fan.etc I loaded the canned tune but u can also modify the canned tune to your liking. you can also data log its a touch screen and very compact. I had kind of aflat spot in the mid range on my car . When i started up the car after the tune i expected the car to sound way different but it didnt or shift different but it was the same. when i noticed the difference is when i put my foot in it WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The car pulls hard all through the rpm range they say 30 hp increase i agree. I put my foot in it at 30 in 2nd with autostick and the tires went up it never did this stock
NicksCruiser likes this.
Old 08 Apr 2012, 05:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickie72 View Post
You can control the boost ,air fuel ratio, timing, electric fan.etc I loaded the canned tune but u can also modify the canned tune to your liking. you can also data log its a touch screen and very compact. I had kind of aflat spot in the mid range on my car . When i started up the car after the tune i expected the car to sound way different but it didnt or shift different but it was the same. when i noticed the difference is when i put my foot in it WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The car pulls hard all through the rpm range they say 30 hp increase i agree. I put my foot in it at 30 in 2nd with autostick and the tires went up it never did this stock
That's so sick bro, now I seriously can't wait to get one. I need to install my stage 1 first. Do u have a stage 1? I can't even image what the stage 1 and DSP combined will do
Old 08 Apr 2012, 09:06 pm
Young Cruiser

No stage 1 stock pcm with the retune but I have the larger injectors because i have an 06.
Old 08 Apr 2012, 09:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
No stage 1 stock pcm with the retune but I have the larger injectors because i have an 06.
Yeah I have the big injectors too, mine is an 05 auto gt HO. Is urs auto? Also have u noticed better mpgs with the diablosport?
Old 08 Apr 2012, 09:17 pm
Young Cruiser

mine is also an auto I have airbox mod a k&n I put an exhaust dump after the cat and a mopar bov. I made runs with exhaust open and closed and it pulled like hell in both scenarios . you will have the same results If u have any questions on setup with this unit let me know. The only thing with the intune is u have to have internet access to get the update for ur car.Definitely worth every penny,also is a code reader if u didnt know.
Old 08 Apr 2012, 09:21 pm
Young Cruiser

I forgot to comment on mpgs after i track some conservative miles i will post it they say 1 to 4 mpg is common
Old 08 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
I forgot to comment on mpgs after i track some conservative miles i will post it they say 1 to 4 mpg is common
Ok cool, thank u so much. Where r u from?
Old 09 Apr 2012, 12:06 am
Senior Cruiser

Regardless if one goes with the DSP hand-held, Trinity, or intune, nothing can replicate what Stage 1 does for an automatic.

It changes the shifting characteristics of your automatic transmission; something that even Diablosport gave up trying to do.

PS I wouldn't mess with changing boost/etc. without a wideband installed. I've tuned my own PT GT as well as several SRT-4's and never had an issue. In fact, I kept getting people coming back to me for help/advice on further upgrades.