PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar BOV Upgrade

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Mopar BOV Upgrade

Hey Guys; I just recentley picked up my Stage 1 PCM and before i take it to the dealer to get installed I wanted to install the BOV upgrade. My problem is I dont know the best way to attack it. Its very small and confiened in there and i was just wondering if I should remove something, go from under the car, etc.... I really dont want to pay the dealership to do this simple task. Any advice would be awesome. Also should i consider replacing anything else before i put the PCM on. I picked up Vaccum gauage and thats about it.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 01:07 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Pipeous
Default Re: Mopar BOV Upgrade

good question. mine will be here any day and I am going to install myself as well. I honestly haven't even looked
The Mean Tangerine: Pteazer Smoothie front fascia, Roadster grill, and Retro real roll pan, dual exhaust, 17" Momo wheels, Eibach lowering kit, 2005 intake, bov, 5 speed manual tranny, painted door pillars, altezza tail lights, hurst short shift kit, hard pipes, halo fog lights and stage 1 computer and injectors
Old 15 Apr 2012, 01:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

I have done several of these and the most important thing is to make sure it is clocked correctly when installing. The 2 holes go toward drivers side fender and the half circle thing is towards the ground.

Now its not to hard to install if you do it this way. Remove the airbox and pipes. Remove the 2 visable bolts with a 10mm rachet wrench. Now go under neath with a long extension and 10mm socket to remove the pain-in-the-ass bolt. This is the one everyone has trouble with as you can not see it above and no room to turn it if you get lucky and feel it. But underneath its not bad at all.

Also there is an oil line very close to it and may be so close you cant even get a socket on the bolt. Just gently bend it away enough so you have clearance (you should do this any way so it doesnt rub and make a hole later on)

Hookup everything back and make sure its turned/install proper. You should hear a whoosh sound when you let off the throttle when you rev it up. If you dont, its not turned right and you will have to do it over.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 02:11 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Last time I did that I just removed the turbo hot pipe,( two hose clamps and two 13mm nuts ) then after that I've got plenty of room.
Pipeous likes this.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 06:47 pm
Young Cruiser

awesome guys thanks for the help, and quick advice where to run vaccum gauage wires through?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Pipeous

thanks guys. appears removing it sounds the easiest. I don't like working from my back.
The Mean Tangerine: Pteazer Smoothie front fascia, Roadster grill, and Retro real roll pan, dual exhaust, 17" Momo wheels, Eibach lowering kit, 2005 intake, bov, 5 speed manual tranny, painted door pillars, altezza tail lights, hurst short shift kit, hard pipes, halo fog lights and stage 1 computer and injectors
Old 16 Apr 2012, 08:53 pm
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: Mopar BOV Upgrade

I'll be installing my mopar BOV sometime this week hopefully it goes well. Isn't there some paste in a tube u can buy to prevent boost leaks. That's my only concern is leaking boost.
Purple 2005 PT GT ATX w/ Mopar stage 1 PCM, Diablosport 93 oct tune, airbox mod, K&N drop in filter, Mopar BOV, AGP wastegate (8 psi spring), Custom made stage 1 camshafts, motor mount inserts, NGK Iridium plugs, MSD wires, ARP Head Studs, Gates Racing Timing Belt, AC Delete kit, purple painted Valve cover, Rebuilt (stock) Turbo , AEM Boost, Oil Pressure, and Wideband guages, triple guage A pillar pod, Strut Tower brace, Needswings 3in o2 housing, 3in downpipe w/ high flow cat and electric cutout, 2.5in Magnaflow catback, custom check valve, custom larger capacity trans cooler w/ built in cooling fan, Eibachs pro lowering springs, KYP front and rear struts, matte black hood and grille, gloss black stock SRT neon rims, purple lug nuts, blacked out tailights and reflectors so far. Built and bored out motor, AGP S256 turbo, ported cylinder head, and built trans soon to come.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 09:56 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

You don't need any sealer with the cork gasket I sent you.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to PT_Panel

Two things when you are doing this. If you have an Auto the oil line that xwing is talking about at least on mine is RIGHT in front of the blt and mine would not bent so it was an 1/8 of a turn at a time. PITA. I bought an open end box end from Kobalt (Lowes) ratchet and it is the BEST investment I have ever made. I'm going to get a set of them. The gasket that you get with the Mopar BOV has a tendency to leak. I bought a gasket from Needs Wings with hex head bolts which are a lot easier to put back in especially the inner one.
XtrmDC2 and NicksCruiser like this.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 10:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: Mopar BOV Upgrade

Awesome, ur the man! Lol remember if ur ever in Chicago hit me up I'm taking u out for some classic Chicago deep dish pizza!
Purple 2005 PT GT ATX w/ Mopar stage 1 PCM, Diablosport 93 oct tune, airbox mod, K&N drop in filter, Mopar BOV, AGP wastegate (8 psi spring), Custom made stage 1 camshafts, motor mount inserts, NGK Iridium plugs, MSD wires, ARP Head Studs, Gates Racing Timing Belt, AC Delete kit, purple painted Valve cover, Rebuilt (stock) Turbo , AEM Boost, Oil Pressure, and Wideband guages, triple guage A pillar pod, Strut Tower brace, Needswings 3in o2 housing, 3in downpipe w/ high flow cat and electric cutout, 2.5in Magnaflow catback, custom check valve, custom larger capacity trans cooler w/ built in cooling fan, Eibachs pro lowering springs, KYP front and rear struts, matte black hood and grille, gloss black stock SRT neon rims, purple lug nuts, blacked out tailights and reflectors so far. Built and bored out motor, AGP S256 turbo, ported cylinder head, and built trans soon to come.

Tags
bov, stage 1, turbo