PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I have some questions about my fan relay.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2012, 07:46 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default I have some questions about my fan relay.

hey guys, Ive not been on here in a while. But Ive been having some problems with my pt. (03 Gt, New coils, MSD wires, timing belt, water pump, power steering pump, aftermarket intercooler, piping.) Its not predictable when it happens but after driving my pt you shut it off and it won't start (doesn't do it all the time). If you try to start it, it just cranks over. Wont start. But the fan will kick on. doesn't matter if its cold or hot, day or night. If you reset the ecu it will start right up. What the car seems to be doing to me is, the car for some reason thinks its over heated or something of the sort, kicks the ASD, then turns the fan on to cool it down. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me. Ive tried taking it to a dealer and they are no help around here. It is throwing a p0480 and p0443. Im in the process of fixing the 480 code. (waiting on parts) But would the 480 code do this? I know about the fan issues with the pt's. Ive done as much research as I could on this. Figured I could try and bounce this of some other heads, get some ideas. Thanks.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 08:39 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: I have some questions about my fan relay.

how are you fixing the p0480 code?
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 17 Apr 2012, 02:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

Ordered a new fan off ebay.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 06:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The timp sender unit would have to give the reading to the ECU.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 18 Apr 2012, 12:31 am
Regular Cruiser

Thats what I was thinking too busted. Maybe not getting a good signal and triping the asd??? I think Im just going to replace the sensor when I do the fan. see where that gets me. It shouldnt be much for one.

Old 18 Apr 2012, 03:26 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy85 View Post
Ordered a new fan off ebay.
so what was the part number of the fan you ordered since the '03 was only used for one year?
'04 and later years is a different part number.
There is also a TSB out for the '03 GT's overheating. It's a PCM flash.
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer