Advertisements
Mopar Performance

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kawizx9r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Apr 2012, 04:52 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Mopar Performance

Outside of the Stage Turbo Kits and the Upgrade BOV, I was just wondering if any of the other Mopar products for the cruiser are any good. I found a brand new Mopar exhaust with Borla tips for sale and was thinking about getting it. However I dont know the benfits of this system or if its any good at all. Going off of that I saw that there is a Mopar Intake and many Suspension upgrades offered by Chrysler. Are they any good or just a waste of money? My plan on upgrading my car was stay with all Mopar products but reading some of the other upgrades here on the forums people chose not really any of them. Just curious to know if there worth it in the end.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 05:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Mopar Performance

The Mopar upgrades were the best modifications back in the day. Most of this parts are not manufacture anymore. There are other aftermarket companies that made many parts that are equal or some of them better. With time there have being many improvements in upgrades for our cars. My self I have try my best to keep the car OEM look and use Mopar parts but with a lot of research I have found suspension parts like the Tokico blues that have being a great upgrade for the money compare of what mopar just to charge back in the day.

ROCKETMAN MOD'S

Last edited by ROCKETMAN8060; 20 Apr 2012 at 05:10 pm.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 08:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Tokico Blue's are a good step up from stock and a great bang for the buck but if you can step up to Illumina (white) 5-way adjustable, I'd opt for those. Though I'm not sure they have them for the PT, it's worth checking out.

If you want to stick with OEM-parts, I believe the best suspension package available was an S2 coilover package, not to be confused for the SRT-4 suspension though.

As for the upgrade BOV, don't bother with that. Also, the Stage kit (only one available) isn't worth the money unless you have an Automatic. It's a great plug and play add-on (granted it's reflashed to your VIN), however you can gain better results by spending even less by going with a hand-held tuner (Diablosport). If you do have an auto though, GET IT. It'll not only have a more aggressive tune, it changes the shifting characteristics of your automatic transmission...totally worth it!
ROCKETMAN8060 likes this.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 01:44 pm
Young Cruiser

yea im going with the stage 1 i do have a auto, so do you think its worht getting the mopar exhaust kit i found? I see most people use magnaflow but its kinda pricey I think i cant get the mopar for like 250 bux

Tags
mopar, performance