Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I just need conformation.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default I just need conformation.

I just pulled outa my driveway, my pt gt just shut off. No ticking no clank or anything, more like a light switch, on-off. coasted to a stop. tried to read any codes, nuthen. PRND all have a square around them. Reads the mileage ok. Check engine, Trac control, ABS, Airbag, even the little red dot light came on. radio, lights work ok. When you turn the key you hear no sound what so ever. Im thinkin my ECU is gone. I tried to unplug the batt and reset, but does nothing. Whatya think? (On top of this my other vehicle blew a headgasket and Im waiting on parts to come in the mail. yeay!) Thanks in advance.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 06:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: I just need conformation.

It's either your battery or a bad ground. Start at the battery terminals and work out from there.

Original Owner 135k
2005 Turbo Touring Convertible Auto w/ Stage 1, DSP inTune w/ Diablo Tune, Composite Intake, Air Box Modification, Hard Pipes, K&N, KYB's, Vision Motorworks Wires, Continental Extreme Contact DWS, Rear Sway Bar, Strut Tower Bar, UltraGauge.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 07:50 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

And the timing belt? I know you prob already checked but cant help to ask!

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 29 Apr 2012, 09:31 am
Regular Cruiser

New timing belt. waterpump. power steering pump. new generator. msd wires n coil. All i can think of right now. all done a few months ago. wiring from what i can see is fine. (its raining) fuses are ok. im doing the key flop for the codes right because ive done it before. it doesnt say done or anything it just wont respond. when i broke the timing belt the car would crank but not start. if the batt was bad then youd hear the buzz noise instead of cranking when you try to start it. when you turn the key to start it doesnt do anything at all. no fuel pump whining. no relays clicking. but radio works ok and sunroof windows ect.

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 10:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dill View Post
And the timing belt? I know you prob already checked but cant help to ask!
If the belt was involved the motor would still spin!

I think compdr59 is on the right track. More likely closer to the starter is were the problem will be.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:36 am
Regular Cruiser

Wouldnt it give a code? I dont think the starter would effect the dash panel going nuts and not confirming that i tried to check for codes. i cannot even get the "done" to show up. why would PRND have all squares around em? they wont go away. if the starter went out would it make the car die? because she started ok . never had trouble with the starter before. i just got 20ft down my road and everything shut off.

Old 29 Apr 2012, 11:47 am
Regular Cruiser

Ill go out n check it..

Old 29 Apr 2012, 01:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

On the positive terminal, what does the little wire go to? theres the big red power then a little red wire going to it.

Old 29 Apr 2012, 01:47 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Having checked the shop manual electrical schematic, I believe that from the battery positive post, the larger wire goes to the jump start post at the PDC (and from there to the starter motor) and the other wire also goes to the PDC where it energizes one side of the PDC fuses for various systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy85 View Post
On the positive terminal, what does the little wire go to? theres the big red power then a little red wire going to it.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 02:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for the info. I pulled my battery out for more room an that smaller gauge wire was broken off next to the battery plate. (someone had replaced a section and the connector was melted. ) so i hooked it back up and installed the batt. as soon as i put the positve terminal back on the wire melted! caught the mesh stuff on my hoses on fire. luckily i put it out before it had gotten worse.