Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dejon Powerhouse Intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 May 2012, 11:19 am
Young Cruiser

Default Dejon Powerhouse Intake

I was scrolling through the Dejon site and found that they make a air intake kit that appears to work as the Air Box Mod. It looks really nice and reliable and utilize's the K&N filter too. Anyone have any experience with this intake? For $100 bux its fairley cheap too.
Old 05 May 2012, 11:59 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Dejon Powerhouse Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseJox View Post
I was scrolling through the Dejon site and found that they make a air intake kit that appears to work as the Air Box Mod. It looks really nice and reliable and utilize's the K&N filter too. Anyone have any experience with this intake? For $100 bux its fairley cheap too.
The $99 turbo to 3" open filter intake pipe eliminates the air box so I assume you are referring to the turbo to factory air box pipe which is actually $119. This eliminates the restriction in the stock TTAB and has nothing to do with the air box mod. The air box mod involves removing the white 'donut' silencer in the lid, altering the snorkel at the bottom of the box and installing a drop-in K&N filter. An open funnel filter will make more noise but it draws in hotter air and won't necessarily give you more power whereas the air box mod utilizes cooler air and still gives you some sound. I am new here myself so others may correct me but this is how I understand it.
Old 05 May 2012, 12:38 pm
Young Cruiser

OIC I understand what your saying now, so theoretically you could install a new intake from the turbo to the air box because as you said its just modifying the bottom part of the box, so If you find a intake that utilizes the air box could this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyGT View Post
The $99 turbo to 3" open filter intake pipe eliminates the air box so I assume you are referring to the turbo to factory air box pipe which is actually $119. This eliminates the restriction in the stock TTAB and has nothing to do with the air box mod. The air box mod involves removing the white 'donut' silencer in the lid, altering the snorkel at the bottom of the box and installing a drop-in K&N filter. An open funnel filter will make more noise but it draws in hotter air and won't necessarily give you more power whereas the air box mod utilizes cooler air and still gives you some sound. I am new here myself so others may correct me but this is how I understand it.
Old 05 May 2012, 12:50 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
OIC I understand what your saying now, so theoretically you could install a new intake from the turbo to the air box because as you said its just modifying the bottom part of the box, so If you find a intake that utilizes the air box could this work?
You have already found it. The $119 Dejon turbo to factory air box (TTAB) pipe is meant for that. AMX/NeedsWings also make a TTAB but it costs a bit more.
Intake
Old 05 May 2012, 02:06 pm
Young Cruiser

have you done this airbox yet? I was just wondering if its worth the hassle or just opting to go with a really good CAI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyGT View Post
You have already found it. The $119 Dejon turbo to factory air box (TTAB) pipe is meant for that. AMX/NeedsWings also make a TTAB but it costs a bit more.
Intake
Old 05 May 2012, 02:20 pm
Banned

Quote:
have you done this airbox yet? I was just wondering if its worth the hassle or just opting to go with a really good -----HAI.---
Check the quote above. I fixed it for you, because thats what you are asking if you should buy, if you're talking about buying an open filter type intake.

Also, if I remember correctly, XtremDC2 (a member here) makes a custom replacement turbo to air box pipe.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 05 May 2012 at 02:30 pm.