PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Dejon Powerhouse Intake

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2012, 11:19 am
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 91
Default Dejon Powerhouse Intake

I was scrolling through the Dejon site and found that they make a air intake kit that appears to work as the Air Box Mod. It looks really nice and reliable and utilize's the K&N filter too. Anyone have any experience with this intake? For $100 bux its fairley cheap too.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2012, 11:59 am
PeteyGT's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 327
Default Re: Dejon Powerhouse Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseJox View Post
I was scrolling through the Dejon site and found that they make a air intake kit that appears to work as the Air Box Mod. It looks really nice and reliable and utilize's the K&N filter too. Anyone have any experience with this intake? For $100 bux its fairley cheap too.
The $99 turbo to 3" open filter intake pipe eliminates the air box so I assume you are referring to the turbo to factory air box pipe which is actually $119. This eliminates the restriction in the stock TTAB and has nothing to do with the air box mod. The air box mod involves removing the white 'donut' silencer in the lid, altering the snorkel at the bottom of the box and installing a drop-in K&N filter. An open funnel filter will make more noise but it draws in hotter air and won't necessarily give you more power whereas the air box mod utilizes cooler air and still gives you some sound. I am new here myself so others may correct me but this is how I understand it.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2012, 12:38 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 91
Default Re: Dejon Powerhouse Intake

OIC I understand what your saying now, so theoretically you could install a new intake from the turbo to the air box because as you said its just modifying the bottom part of the box, so If you find a intake that utilizes the air box could this work?



Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyGT View Post
The $99 turbo to 3" open filter intake pipe eliminates the air box so I assume you are referring to the turbo to factory air box pipe which is actually $119. This eliminates the restriction in the stock TTAB and has nothing to do with the air box mod. The air box mod involves removing the white 'donut' silencer in the lid, altering the snorkel at the bottom of the box and installing a drop-in K&N filter. An open funnel filter will make more noise but it draws in hotter air and won't necessarily give you more power whereas the air box mod utilizes cooler air and still gives you some sound. I am new here myself so others may correct me but this is how I understand it.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2012, 12:50 pm
PeteyGT's Avatar
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 327
Default Re: Dejon Powerhouse Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseJox View Post
OIC I understand what your saying now, so theoretically you could install a new intake from the turbo to the air box because as you said its just modifying the bottom part of the box, so If you find a intake that utilizes the air box could this work?
You have already found it. The $119 Dejon turbo to factory air box (TTAB) pipe is meant for that. AMX/NeedsWings also make a TTAB but it costs a bit more.
Intake
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2012, 02:06 pm
Young Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 91
Default Re: Dejon Powerhouse Intake

have you done this airbox yet? I was just wondering if its worth the hassle or just opting to go with a really good CAI.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyGT View Post
You have already found it. The $119 Dejon turbo to factory air box (TTAB) pipe is meant for that. AMX/NeedsWings also make a TTAB but it costs a bit more.
Intake
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05 May 2012, 02:20 pm
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: south of Tampa, Florida
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Dejon Powerhouse Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseJox View Post
have you done this airbox yet? I was just wondering if its worth the hassle or just opting to go with a really good -----HAI.---
Check the quote above. I fixed it for you, because thats what you are asking if you should buy, if you're talking about buying an open filter type intake.

Also, if I remember correctly, XtremDC2 (a member here) makes a custom replacement turbo to air box pipe.

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 05 May 2012 at 02:30 pm.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordered wrong dejon hardpipe, realized after install ugh Busa_Powered General PT Cruiser Discussions 2 30 Apr 2012 04:47 pm
wtb 05-up upper intake manifold, throttle body, intake hose to turbo,aircleanor lid 1autodr Classifieds: Want To Buy 1 24 Feb 2011 05:15 pm
03 GT Intake hose and lower box with AirRaid Quick Intake Pt_SRT Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 2 16 Feb 2010 06:36 am
Trade my Aftermarket intake for your Stock Intake around Harrisburg, PA! abaddsm Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 2 22 Jun 2009 04:28 pm
Trade my Aftermarket intake for your Stock Intake around Harrisburg, PA! abaddsm Northeast PT Forum 0 20 Jun 2009 04:11 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors