Advertisements
Really funny one today

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Busted_PT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2012, 12:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Really funny one today

So, I'm enjoying the day, just kind of playing around. The wife sent me out to get some items needed for the house plus I need to do some work on the JD tractor. So, got the top down, it's 76 out, just beautiful. Sitting at a stop light and when it turns green I see this brown Mustang in an old fox body coming by me, he's was probably down to 25 mph or so as he didn't have to stop and he jumped on it to go through at the green.

So, being a misfit, I stomped on it and thought for sure I'd lose him because I spun the tires insanely. We were on a section of road that had just been expanded to two lanes each direction, but we were heading to the un-expanded part - single lane each way. So, either one of us makes it first, or one bites the dust and hits the cones, or one of us gives up.

Now I've not had my PT back on the track nor on the dyno since ripping the front end off. All new LUK performance clutch, new heavier flywheel, new big arsed FMIC on the front that required me to shave the bumper cover to make it fit. All that and I'm only running my 93 DSP tune, afraid to drop the 106 tune in here that Nemo created, might blow up. So, not even really tried to spin the tires before.

Well, the guy flys by me and I hammer it, speed-shift to second and get about 35 feet of tire spin in second, and slam into third and flew right by them. All of this in just about 85 yards before the lanes reduce. The guy and his friend had their windows down and were screaming at me as I went by, I mean like "You go you ^&*&^^&*()**(r!! " . Pulled up to the next stop light and the guy actually pulled around me to my passenger side and stuck his head out the window - he was flabbergasted and wanted me to pull over so he could look over my PT.

The dude stood there with his mouth hanging open when I opened the hood and hit the gas a few times. He just couldn't believe it. He just dyno'd his at 250hp, older fox body, no mods. Pretty funny way to dust a Stang.

So, on my way back home I have to stop at Ace Hardware, which literally is about five blocks from my house. The kid working the register asks me, "hey, aren't you the guy on two wheels on Morrison Plantation a few months ago".... wow, kind of shocked me. Yepper, that was me, took out a 10" high curb and ripped apart both front wheels, ripped the nose off, etc. Then he says he was the passenger in the guys Mustang and wanted to know if I wanted to sell my PT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how's that for a fun day?!?! Of course she's not getting sold, she's my mistress. What the heck would I do, let someone else sleep with her????
Old 13 May 2012, 10:47 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Really funny one today

Good kill- Kinda sounded like chicken????
My bro smoked a stang at the track- He had slicks and open headers- Sure was a v-8.
Times aren't a secret, but he went head to head several times. Hang you head, henry.
Old 14 May 2012, 12:19 am
Banned

Exclamation Re: Really funny one today

Not to be an a$# but Stock Fox were 225hp at the crank with no mods.

If you wanna race and try to beat Mustangs beat a 2012 5.0
Old 14 May 2012, 10:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Oh and I'd bet that fox body stang was a V6 not an 8! Doesn't matter, he wanted to spank me but got spanked instead! Either way, made me smile, so don't really care.....
Old 14 May 2012, 10:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Now that's what I would like my PT to do eventually. Even now, people are stunned at how fast they can move.
Old 14 May 2012, 10:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I get a lot of comments from people when I speed shift and hit second and spin the tires. The kids across the cove (behind my house a block away by car), they always want me to come over, they spray a small area down with water and ask me to burn out. Car just sits there and boils the tires. Course I also don't get much more than 20k miles out of any tires on my car because I'm an idiot when it comes to spinning my tires....lol...
Old 14 May 2012, 11:23 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Oh and I'd bet that fox body stang was a V6 not an 8! Doesn't matter, he wanted to spank me but got spanked instead! Either way, made me smile, so don't really care.....
Fox body never had a 6 cylinder.

you might have beaten a 88 hp 2.3 liter 4 cylinder which was standard
Old 14 May 2012, 02:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
Fox body never had a 6 cylinder.

you might have beaten a 88 hp 2.3 liter 4 cylinder which was standard
Well it definitely didn't sound like a 4, could have been a crappy driver, however I'm getting too much attention lately from the young'uns around here, always pulling up next to me hitting throttle, wanting to race light to light. I keep telling them to put $100 out the window and let's go meet at Mooresville Dragstrip. While I don't enjoy that race track, it's close enough, and cheap enough, that I make a lot of those idiots shut up when I blow them off the track. I keep wanting to run that quad track next to Charlotte Motor Speedway, just too expensive...
Old 14 May 2012, 09:22 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Mustang Fox body had the following 6-cylinder engines

1979 through 1982- 3.3 L (201 cu in) I6
1979 - 2.8 L (171 cu in) V6
1983 through 1986 - 3.8 L (232 cu in) Essex V6

So it could have been a 6, although the vast majority were 4 cyl or 8s.

http://georgecushing.net/FoxBody.html

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.

Last edited by harrym; 14 May 2012 at 09:25 pm. Reason: Added URL.
Old 14 May 2012, 09:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Really funny one today

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
Mustang Fox body had the following 6-cylinder engines

1979 through 1982- 3.3 L (201 cu in) I6
1979 - 2.8 L (171 cu in) V6
1983 through 1986 - 3.8 L (232 cu in) Essex V6

So it could have been a 6, although the vast majority were 4 cyl or 8s.

Fox Bodied Mustangs
Go on with your bad self Harry!
harrym likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com