Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
BEST AIR INTAKE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 May 2012, 10:57 am
Young Cruiser

Default BEST AIR INTAKE

I have spent a few weeks trying to find the best solution to what I like to call "THE COLD AIR CRISIS". AirBox mod to aftermarket Intakes Ive been searching high and low for the best. Im currentlley using the shorten snorkel with K&N drop in and its nice. I feel a bit more power and get decent sound from it but I know theres more I can gain. I recentley stumbled upon this set up which I will inclose a pik of to see what you guys think about this airbox mod. On the after market i guess ive narrowed it down to three. 1. K&N 57 2. S&B Intake system 3. Volant 13424. Ive just been looking for systems that utilize the hole in the fender to bring in cold air. I also like the AFE unit aswell. I dunno maybe im going to far into this just want to get it right thast all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ptcruiser.jpg (10.8 KB, 69 views)
Old 13 May 2012, 11:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: BEST AIR INTAKE

The one you have a picture of is drawing too much warm/hot air from the engine. The very best is the OEM box modification leaving the stock air box the way it is except for a few modifications and a K&N drop in filter.

Whatever you use, your not gonna feel a kick-in-the-pants improvement. It doesn't work that way on our cars. A tiny bit better throttle response and a heck of a lot of noise, if you use the short ram intake like you have now.
Old 14 May 2012, 04:56 pm
Young Cruiser

what about this, Ive never seen this before

AIRAID® - UBI Intake Kit - UBI Intake kit

I guess its a make your own intake looks pretty cool
Old 14 May 2012, 05:05 pm
Senior Cruiser

Do your search on the forum, not online at what the market has to offer.

beating a badly beaten dead horse with the intake stuff. Go aftermarket or do the airbox mod and be done with it. Do it twice or more and youre just wasting your own time and money.
Old 14 May 2012, 05:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Looks bad to me. Lots of tubing that you don't need. Nothing to stop the warm/hot air from getting to the filter.

Your looking for the best. The best draws in cool air from the fender well and gets it right to the throttle body without too much resistance or turbulence.

The Volant, K&N, Air-raid all do that for $200-$300. For next to little, the "air-box mod does the same thing with just a little modding by yourself and a drop in filter. Doesn't sound like the more expensive boxes that I mentioned so if you like noise too, go that route.
Old 14 May 2012, 08:48 pm
Young Cruiser

I recentley contacted my buddy about doing a all in one carbon fiber air box he is a master with carbon so thast the routeim going with just a aftermarket turbo to airbox intake.