PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
300WHP Goal

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 May 2012, 07:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

Question 300WHP Goal

Could I hit 300whp with Molé's BWS, a ported mani w/elbow mod and correct injectors and a good tune? What else would I need? Could someone point me in the right direction?

BTW, 03 5-Speed GT w/airbox mod and NW DP W/CUTOUT.

I'm not looking into N20 or W/I thanks

Wife's White 2002 Limited: Konig 17" Rims, 5000k White HID Head Lights,

My Red 2003 GT: Sold.....
Old 20 May 2012, 08:22 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 300WHP Goal

Upgraded clutch, intercooler piping, intercooler or meth injection (recommended), colder plugs, 750cc injectors (recommended), fuel pump (walhbro recommended), tuning capabilities, 3" o2 housing, intake upper and lower manifold swap.

This is all listed/described/talked about, just do a search.

Hell, do a search on the mods you still have left to do that I talked about in the "Turbo HO Upgrades" thread in the Turbo Performance section.
Old 20 May 2012, 09:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Alright thanks!

Old 20 May 2012, 10:15 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Good luck with that. First of all, you'll have to buy a stage 2 or stage 3 performance clutch as you'll blow that once you hit 250whp. There are quite a few racers over at ptcrew who are running over 300whp. Lots of money, lots of time, and imo, not worth it.

Mine hit 262whp and blew the clutch. She's at 258whp/325lb' torque, and holding strong. Just had a stage 2 LUK German clutch assembly plus stage 2 flywheel installed, but haven't had time to go back to the dyno and up my race tune. Nemo, at RageTek down in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, said he could have taken mine to 300whp if it hadn't been for the clutch. His guess was 320whp on my setup, but now I've got more mods that I probably can get to around 330whp.

The biggest thing you need to watch is that clutch. It's rated at 250hp AT THE CRANK! If you do go for a new clutch, make darned certain you get a good flywheel too, or you'll shred yours like I did mine!!!!!!!

Old 21 May 2012, 12:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

i agree with the above post. Pushing a FWD to 250HP. easy. pushing it past that starts pushing lots of $$$$$.

I had a 96 mazda 626 with stock 120BHP. i wanted more! about 3700 later i had 240 ish BHP. which still wasn't enough. so i took it to a buddy of mine who mod's for a living. and the work started. Nitrous, tranny work, engine work, clutch work, suspension work, FRAME WORK.......fast forward 3 years. i was cranking 325HP.......at a total cost of close to $9k on top of the 4 i had already invested.

the downside, i couldn't use all the pony's, the cars entire frame even with extra frame work couldn't handle the extra HP and torque, it ran like i was on cobble stone and i bent the chassis.

is it possible? yes. is it practical? no haha

luckily in my case i only took a 4k dive in this investment after i parted the entire thing out and sold all the shiny components then junked the car for $400
Old 21 May 2012, 12:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I'm sure you can. btw, I met a couple of guys at ptcrew, doing 300whp with the E1 upgrade.

Forward Motion Inc - Specializing in FWD Dodge Performance Parts
Old 21 May 2012, 12:28 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Good luck with that. First of all, you'll have to buy a stage 2 or stage 3 performance clutch as you'll blow that once you hit 250whp. There are quite a few racers over at ptcrew who are running over 300whp. Lots of money, lots of time, and imo, not worth it.

Mine hit 262whp and blew the clutch. She's at 258whp/325lb' torque, and holding strong. Just had a stage 2 LUK German clutch assembly plus stage 2 flywheel installed, but haven't had time to go back to the dyno and up my race tune. Nemo, at RageTek down in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, said he could have taken mine to 300whp if it hadn't been for the clutch. His guess was 320whp on my setup, but now I've got more mods that I probably can get to around 330whp.

The biggest thing you need to watch is that clutch. It's rated at 250hp AT THE CRANK! If you do go for a new clutch, make darned certain you get a good flywheel too, or you'll shred yours like I did mine!!!!!!!

So you did get clarification it is at the crank? A few weeks ago, you stated almost this same thing and you didnt know if the clutch rating was at the crank or wheel.

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 21 May 2012 at 12:28 pm. Reason: had an H where it didnt belong
Old 22 May 2012, 12:47 am
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: 300WHP Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtrmDC2 View Post
I'm sure you can. btw, I met a couple of guys at ptcrew, doing 300whp with the E1 upgrade.

Forward Motion Inc - Specializing in FWD Dodge Performance Parts
I've seen that too.

I know its a little off topic, but I've been looking over at Srtforums and studying 400whp threads and big turbo threads and alot of them say (in a jist) AGP Kit, Supporting Mods and a DSP. That's bout it.

Supporting mods alone (based on my research) are around $2k+! That's okay with me. I'll put down the cash for that!

Then the "Complete 400-550hp Turbo Kit 03-05 Dodge SRT4" is another $2500+. About $5k+ for a big Turbo upgrade. (Have verified parts over at PTcrew)

Check it: PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.

[Prices are not with installation (friends at shop will install most parts) then local shop will install rest for less than $1k]
XtrmDC2 likes this.

Last edited by Jimmy2011; 22 May 2012 at 12:59 am.
Old 22 May 2012, 09:41 am
Dedicated Cruiser

^ that sounds about right
Old 22 May 2012, 02:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Talking Re: 300WHP Goal

But the point of my earlier post is that I don't think hitting 300WHP could cost that much compared to a Big Turbo kit. I understand that it would be costly, but as I researched more, Chrome is right.

The price to hit 300WHP or so is not worth it compared to a big turbo upgrade.

Just wanted to see if some of the BWS could easily hit 300WHP or not.