Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
S&B Intake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2012, 06:37 am
Young Cruiser

Default S&B Intake

Went with temptation and after doing somw hunting found a site for $150 rather than the $200 bux posted everywhere else. Thing is awesome highley recommened who ever said you lose power is blowing smoke because you can fill it big time. Turbo spools way faster and harder and its kinda strange how the throttle has changed dirastically I LOVE iT. Posted a pik I think it looks sweet. Probablly going to get hel but hey it looks better than the airbox and perform betters
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sb.jpg (95.0 KB, 41 views)
Old 23 May 2012, 06:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: S&B Intake

At least it's covered 3/4 the way round the filter stopping most of the hot air from the engine. It's still trying to draw cool air from the fenderwell but you'd be better off making something homemade that goes from the fender hole to the opening in the filter box.

The people who say you loose power are talking about the open filter like mine below.

Old 23 May 2012, 09:04 am
Veteran Cruiser

+1 on the custom hose/tubing from the opening to the fender hole to get cooler air.

Looks decent.

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*

Old 23 May 2012, 04:30 pm
Young Cruiser

where did you get that Strut Tower Bar, I was looking in the car and it looked impossible to hook one up..........your engine bays reaaaall Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
At least it's covered 3/4 the way round the filter stopping most of the hot air from the engine. It's still trying to draw cool air from the fenderwell but you'd be better off making something homemade that goes from the fender hole to the opening in the filter box.

The people who say you loose power are talking about the open filter like mine below.

Old 23 May 2012, 05:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The strut bar that I have isn't sold anymore. It just bolts on to two bolts that hold on each of the front struts. Real easy to install.

As far as being shiny. There's loads of other chrome things that anyone can buy (vanity cover, valve cove, radiator cover etc.) to make the whole engine bay shine but I quit buying everything because I wanted a little color.