Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
07 Auto Tranny Baseline

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jun 2012, 12:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cool 07 Auto Tranny Baseline

New to this site...Glad to find such an informative forum. I just bought a 07 PT Cruiser GT Turbo Auto Trans w/ 31K miles on it. Have no maintainance history, so starting from scratch. So I'll just ask a few questions to start. Any info would be appreciated:

1) Low on the mpg...I do 75 mph on freeway and tach reads 3000 rpm. Does this sound about right?

2) I know ATF+4 fluid is the only one to use. Are there any good additives that work well with this trans to reduce any slip?

3) If not...Any good tranny shops in Tucson, Az that do good work and will reflash tranny after fluid & filter service?

This is going to be my wife's daily driver and I just want to make it as reliable as possible. Thanks
Old 29 Jun 2012, 05:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to niel
Default Re: 07 Auto Tranny Baseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocharger View Post
New to this site...Glad to find such an informative forum. I just bought a 07 PT Cruiser GT Turbo Auto Trans w/ 31K miles on it. Have no maintainance history, so starting from scratch. So I'll just ask a few questions to start. Any info would be appreciated:

1) Low on the mpg...I do 75 mph on freeway and tach reads 3000 rpm. Does this sound about right?

2) I know ATF+4 fluid is the only one to use. Are there any good additives that work well with this trans to reduce any slip?

3) If not...Any good tranny shops in Tucson, Az that do good work and will reflash tranny after fluid & filter service?

This is going to be my wife's daily driver and I just want to make it as reliable as possible. Thanks
Yep.. the mpg is bad... I get most of the time 20 hwy and 16 to 18 city... its hard to keep the foot off the pedal... about the tranny you dont need any aditive... I think it will damage your tranny internals... just check the fluid level and at 40k do a preventive full flush... no need to reprogram the tranny... just disconect the neg terminal on your betery for about 15 minutes and thats all... btw never... NEVER! boost in 4th gear you will damage the transmission... if you dont have a boost gauge... consider in getting one... the only time you need to do a re-learn on the transmission is if you get a stage 1 pcm but I think its not the case... allways use full syntethic oil 5w-40 and if you drive it like you stold it... let it in idle for about 2 to 4 minutes then shut the engine... let it cool down... never shut it right away...that will destroy your turbo compressor and is 1k+ dlls so be patient... another thing is if you are getting so bad mpg maybe you have a boost leak test... search in youtube for boost leak test srt4 and theres a video of a guy with one home made... that one is a must... I think thats all... remember stay away from 4th gear whent boosting...oh and if you plan tu launch hard and burn some rubber... remember to turn off the track off switch that way you wont damage your axles enjoy your new fun car and remember to smoke time to time some hondas,vw,gm etc xD.... cheerios mate

Daniel