Advertisements
Replacing turbo oil feed line

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris_TurbosUnleashed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2012, 01:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Replacing turbo oil feed line

I am replacing my turbo, and I have it out, but I cant get a wrench onto the oil supply line at the engine block. I have an 03 PT Cruiser GT. If any one has any suggestions before I break down and take it to the Chrysler dealer, that would be amazing. Thanks.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 02:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Replacing turbo oil feed line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strilla View Post
I am replacing my turbo, and I have it out, but I cant get a wrench onto the oil supply line at the engine block. I have an 03 PT Cruiser GT. If any one has any suggestions before I break down and take it to the Chrysler dealer, that would be amazing. Thanks.
We have an installation guide we provide to our customers that explains how to do this. Contact us for assistance.

Chris-TU
602-762-6678
NicksCruiser likes this.
Vienna, Austria Europe Office Now Open!
Home of the 2 Year Warranty PT Cruiser TurboCharger
Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com
http://www.turbosunleashed.com
602-76-BOOST
602-76-26678
Old 30 Dec 2013, 01:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Chris I looking to do the same thing but want to start off with replace hose to buy some time on turbo that I will have you guys rebuild when I have more money. Also I wanted to put an braided line in on stock 05 PT Conv GT Turbo that I just bought with 109000 on it and I am very afraid that turbo will fail if I do not. Any help for me...
Old 30 Dec 2013, 02:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheeler69 View Post
Chris I looking to do the same thing but want to start off with replace hose to buy some time on turbo that I will have you guys rebuild when I have more money. Also I wanted to put an braided line in on stock 05 PT Conv GT Turbo that I just bought with 109000 on it and I am very afraid that turbo will fail if I do not. Any help for me...
The hose isn't going to save either turbo. If your hose is coked up so is the turbo and the new hose can't help that. Here is why I say this. The line has a opening of say a 1/4 inch or bigger. The oil passages in the turbo are less than a 1/8 inch. The passages get clogged by the heat from the turbo. Especially when driven spiritedly and shut off without idling back down to operating temps. This heat also cooks the oil in the line just above the turbo. The first two inches from the turbo out is the part you want to look at. Unbolt it and look in the end ans see if its clogged. Also look at the brass adaptor for the same issue. Clean them if you see any. I had to remove the axle and intermediate shaft so get room to get at the oil line where it fastens to the block. A braided line will serve no function for preventing turbo failure.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 30 Dec 2013 at 09:02 pm.