Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
turbo gauge installation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2012, 07:53 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default turbo gauge installation

hey just wondering how hard it is to install a boost guage and a fuel air ratio guage and what other guage is the eastist to install seeing as you can only get a 3 pod gauge pack for the pt? thanks
Old 16 Sep 2012, 08:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: turbo gauge installation

Well by your first two choices a pyrometer seems to be a logical fit?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 27 Sep 2012, 03:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajt View Post
hey just wondering how hard it is to install a boost guage and a fuel air ratio guage and what other guage is the eastist to install seeing as you can only get a 3 pod gauge pack for the pt? thanks
If you haven't already bought a 3-gauge, GlowShift sells a 2-gauge pillar pod for the PT Cruiser:

01-05 Chrysler PT Cruiser Full Size Dual Pillar Pod
2004 Silver Touring Turbo, Auto, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Intercooler to Throttle Body Pipe, Borla Mopar dual exhaust, Eibach Springs, Sherwood dash kit. E&G Billet Aluminum Grill, APC Rolled Rear Pan. Next: Pillar pod with Auto Meter Boost and Wideband AFR gauges and custom downpipe
Old 27 Sep 2012, 04:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajt View Post
ATX or MTX?
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 28 Sep 2012, 12:37 am
Senior Cruiser

2 gauge pods are available, look harder.

Installing gauges/necessary wiring is easy, just follow the supplied instructions. I did a how-to on a boost gauge that would come up when one uses the search function; follow the procedure except skip the part where I mounted it on the steering column. Wideband requires you to drill a hole and weld a bung into your downpipe so you can insert the wideband sensor. If for some odd reason you can't get someone to weld it for you (any shop can do it for like 10-20 bucks including the bung), then you can go with a clamp-on solution that requires you to simply drill a hole in your downpipe.

Again, search is your friend.
Old 29 Sep 2012, 08:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
Again, search is your friend.
I did a quick search on "boost gauge install" (which should include "installation"). Got 499 hits. First ten were useless so I tried advanced search, narrowing my search to just posts made by "Kawizx9r" with "boost gauge install" and I get 140 hits. The last (25th) one on the first page was titled "Turbo HO upgrades" and has a picture of the boost gauge on your steering column. I assume further reading through the other 115 posts will lead me to a more detailed description.

You have provided a lot of valuable advice on this site but if you believe it is easy to find using search, you may be mistaken. Nearly 10% of your ~1,500 posts include "boost gauge install" but none of them have that title.

I found the post you refer to in "Re: Steering Column Boost Gauge (MOCK)" and since it has a permalink, this may be just what the OP was looking for:
Steering Column Boost Gauge (MOCK)

Apologies if I come across as a dick. I messed up my eye a few weeks ago and am unable to actually work on the car. Therefore I waste my time here.
2004 Silver Touring Turbo, Auto, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Intercooler to Throttle Body Pipe, Borla Mopar dual exhaust, Eibach Springs, Sherwood dash kit. E&G Billet Aluminum Grill, APC Rolled Rear Pan. Next: Pillar pod with Auto Meter Boost and Wideband AFR gauges and custom downpipe
Old 30 Sep 2012, 10:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thanks for linking that Bob; I had created a write-up as well as posting a full how-to on several other threads in the past.

Anyway I'm tired but to the OP, if you have anymore questions or need some more help just toss me a PM.