OMG UGLY STORY!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CREWZIN

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2012, 08:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default OMG UGLY STORY!

So, there's this guy with this really nice PT Cruiser GT. He's driving down the highway and decides to speed up a bit and several 'sports' cars decide to pull up beside and around him, including some of those ricers with fart-can exhaust systems. Well, they get up to 124 mph, yes, really fast, and of course he leaves them all behind...

So, decides to pull into his driveway like a maniac, skidding to a stop, laughing and having fun. The next day, he gets up to take his daughter to her orthodontist (getting her braces off) and as he backs up on his heavily sloped driveway, he notices a BUNCH of oil on the driveway and running down it. Pulls up onto the street to check his oil level and it's 1/2 quart low! Now before he got on the highway, he swears he checked his oil and it was full. Checks it almost every time he goes for a big drive.

So, gets on the ground and looks underneath, sees oil everywhere. Goes to the back of the car, and yep, it's spotted all over the place. Looks closer at the sides and yep, it's spotted all the way down the sides. You know what that means, spotted like that? It's when dirt clings to 'something' that has gotten on the body of the car. In this case, it's a half quart of oil spread all over the back and sides! Even on the back window!!!!

Ugh, calls up his friend who owns a car dealership and his friend invites him over to check it out.....get it up on this ginormous scissor jack that raises the car 7' up, and OMG, yes, there is oil everywhere.

Now, they upper half of the engine is dry - no oil leak from the turbo, no gasket leaks....well, look at the bell housing on the tranny and ...sigh... there it is - the rear main seal is gone!!!!!!!!!

Basically the car now goes through a quart of oil a day. Soon, if it's kept up, it'll dry out the bearings and blow the engine. So, tomorrow he's taking that gorgeous, awesome, powerful and now lame PT over to get the rear main seal replaced - minimum estimate $700.

Oh, and yes, this is what makes it worse, he's now unemployed so all of this is causing him industrial strength heartburn. Just finished rebuilding his suspension, just finished getting all four wheels aligned as they were way off, and that cost him nearly $500. Go figure, $1200+ in two weeks???

I think I've thrown up some in my mouth........

I'll post pics as soon as he gives me some.....
Old 06 Dec 2012, 08:46 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: OMG UGLY STORY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
So, there's this guy with this really nice PT Cruiser GT. He's driving down the highway and decides to speed up a bit and several 'sports' cars decide to pull up beside and around him, including some of those ricers with fart-can exhaust systems. Well, they get up to 124 mph, yes, really fast, and of course he leaves them all behind...

So, decides to pull into his driveway like a maniac, skidding to a stop, laughing and having fun. The next day, he gets up to take his daughter to her orthodontist (getting her braces off) and as he backs up on his heavily sloped driveway, he notices a BUNCH of oil on the driveway and running down it. Pulls up onto the street to check his oil level and it's 1/2 quart low! Now before he got on the highway, he swears he checked his oil and it was full. Checks it almost every time he goes for a big drive.

So, gets on the ground and looks underneath, sees oil everywhere. Goes to the back of the car, and yep, it's spotted all over the place. Looks closer at the sides and yep, it's spotted all the way down the sides. You know what that means, spotted like that? It's when dirt clings to 'something' that has gotten on the body of the car. In this case, it's a half quart of oil spread all over the back and sides! Even on the back window!!!!

Ugh, calls up his friend who owns a car dealership and his friend invites him over to check it out.....get it up on this ginormous scissor jack that raises the car 7' up, and OMG, yes, there is oil everywhere.

Now, they upper half of the engine is dry - no oil leak from the turbo, no gasket leaks....well, look at the bell housing on the tranny and ...sigh... there it is - the rear main seal is gone!!!!!!!!!

Basically the car now goes through a quart of oil a day. Soon, if it's kept up, it'll dry out the bearings and blow the engine. So, tomorrow he's taking that gorgeous, awesome, powerful and now lame PT over to get the rear main seal replaced - minimum estimate $700.

Oh, and yes, this is what makes it worse, he's now unemployed so all of this is causing him industrial strength heartburn. Just finished rebuilding his suspension, just finished getting all four wheels aligned as they were way off, and that cost him nearly $500. Go figure, $1200+ in two weeks???

I think I've thrown up some in my mouth........

I'll post pics as soon as he gives me some.....
Na, not pics necessary. We all have a visual mental picture on the puke thing!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Dec 2012, 09:21 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: OMG UGLY STORY!

On the highway at 124 mph?

Risking alot of lives out there

I am sure this guy will have Good luck on the job search, he will do fine. Haven't seen you on here in a while, been wondering what you've been up to

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 06 Dec 2012 at 09:25 pm.
Old 07 Dec 2012, 04:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thumbs down Re: OMG UGLY STORY!

124 mph on a public road?, he is very lucky that is all that happened. All of them deserve big fat reckless driving tickets, I think here you would be in jail and the cars impounded if caught doing that. Not sure what is going on here, are we supposed to feel sorry for this guy? NOT

Last edited by CREWZIN; 07 Dec 2012 at 04:58 pm. Reason: keeping it PG
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

I was thinking about this and isn't there a speed limiter at 120 on these PT's?
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey, what are you guys ? Holier than the pope ? Are you seriously gonna say that you 've never gone too fast on public roads ? I 've done 200 km/u with my Civic, what's that ? 124 mph ! There was no treat to anybody and all was perfectly safe. I could have been caught speeding, but that 's on me.

Going back to the story, again a turbo going down. I 'm starting to have huge doubts about the 2,4 engine and in particular the turbo.
Installed Mopar sub !
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:17 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teska View Post
Hey, what are you guys ? Holier than the pope ? Are you seriously gonna say that you 've never gone too fast on public roads ? I 've done 200 km/u with my Civic, what's that ? 124 mph ! There was no treat to anybody and all was perfectly safe. I could have been caught speeding, but that 's on me.

Going back to the story, again a turbo going down. I 'm starting to have huge doubts about the 2,4 engine and in particular the turbo.
So, your that kind of guy too? Nice to know.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Dec 2012 at 04:31 pm.
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:40 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

And what kind of guy is that ? You act as if slow driving people never run somebody over.
Installed Mopar sub !
Old 09 Dec 2012, 07:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

That is getting up there- I suppose if no one else is around then it's just your problem.

Rear mains (and other seals) can fail due to excessive blowby- Operating engine at full output for so long would cause the most crankcase pressure, so he very well may have other issues.

It could also be crankcase breather isn't allowing pressure to exit.

Neons would all push out rear mains- The flywheel was so close that it actually stopped them from fully coming out and leaking; you can see seal rub marks on flywheels. If the same as 2.0, then there could be another issue yet
Old 10 Dec 2012, 05:57 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You guys play nice and go by the rules of the forum. Differences of opinion doesn't have to migrate to name calling. Move on.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 10 Dec 2012 at 06:04 am.
Closed Thread