Advertisements
performance questions

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2012, 09:02 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to jkgx777
Smile performance questions

Hey guys this is my first post so here it goes I have a question I'm putting 2.5 inch exhaust on my car and I'm straight piping it and for Christmas I'm getting a cold air intake the question is what should I do to make my car faster with ought breaking the banks thanks in advance - Joey

2004 pt gt turbo
Old 11 Dec 2012, 09:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: performance questions

Welcome to the forum.

I'll let the Turbo guys give you some ways of improving performance but in the meantime, I'll inviting you to go to the NEW MEMBERS thread and introduce yourself to the forum members. Pictures of your cruiser would be nice.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 10:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You might try using the search feature here on the forum and find past threads on this subject. There are a lot here to read. You can also look at some members signatures and see what they have done for mods. Remember very few have ever done before and after Chassis Dyno evaluations or tuning so most information pertaining to what increases and by what percentage that increase is highly subjective.
Planning carefully and talking directly to the manufactures of the performance parts you are going to install is ultimately a better action plan then seat of the pants comments having you spend many dollars to later find out there was little or no engine output increase.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 11 Dec 2012, 11:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The most affective thing above all else is to stage 1 your car and use a drop in k&n in the stock box, or modded box. The one you speak of looks and sounds cool but only draws hot air from inside engine bay.
Save your money on the two you mentioned and get the stage 1. You will be impressed.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 11 Dec 2012, 04:58 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to jkgx777

Okay thanks guys
Old 11 Dec 2012, 05:27 pm
Banned

Exclamation Re: performance questions

If you are looking to save some money, you could just get a Diablo and use the 93 tune.

I have done alot to my car, sorry but I dont have a signature line or provide any pictures

I have a 5 speed so Ive been told with the 93 tune, getting a stage 1 wouldnt really benefit my 06 GT, since I stock already have the upgraded injectors.

If I am wrong, someone (name unknown) please interject

BTW, I like your PT!

Last edited by Busa_Powered; 11 Dec 2012 at 05:29 pm.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 05:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Powered View Post
If you are looking to save some money, you could just get a Diablo and use the 93 tune.

I have done alot to my car, sorry but I dont have a signature line or provide any pictures

I have a 5 speed so Ive been told with the 93 tune, getting a stage 1 wouldnt really benefit my 06 GT, since I stock already have the upgraded injectors.

If I am wrong, someone (name unknown) please interject

BTW, I like your PT!
I have wanted to ask for some time now.
Why is that??

If you had a Diablo ECU unit you could get custom maps.
According to Diablo Sport the 93 tune for all PT's including 96 and up will improve the engines output.
BTW they have a great interactive forum that helps customers with just such questions.
Diablosport Forums • Index page

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 15 Dec 2012, 12:13 am
Banned

Question Re: performance questions

Time for a change I guess, no real reason, just deleted all the mods on the sig line and pics one day

QUOTE=NitroPT;458838]I have wanted to ask for some time now.
Why is that??

If you had a Diablo ECU unit you could get custom maps.
According to Diablo Sport the 93 tune for all PT's including 96 and up will improve the engines output.
BTW they have a great interactive forum that helps customers with just such questions.
Diablosport Forums • Index page[/QUOTE]
Old 17 Dec 2012, 01:38 pm
Young Cruiser

If you're already starting with a short ram intake and a straight pipe, I'd say go with the Diablo tune or the Mopar stage 1. From there you'll have significant power gains. If you want performance later on, go with a bigger turbo, cams, and more major things. But that's only if you're serious about major modding. It's costly and requires much maitenance, but it's worth it. Anyway, It doesn't add horsepower'; but the Mopar BOV is a good buy. Especially if you're getting an intake to go along with it. With the both of those. You're turbo whistle is nice and loud when you hit it, and you're getting wastegate noise we all love. I'd also suggest you get a new differental (if it's a stick) so you can get a positrac and spin both front wheels.
Old 18 Dec 2012, 02:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Huh
If you're not going to the track a LSD is a waste. The following offer no performance upgrades and are only noise makers: short ram intake; MOPAR blue plate. Get a S1 if you have an atx. Get the DSP if you have a mtx. I may have both for sale very soon
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer

Tags
2.4l turbo, exhaust, performance, speed