Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Installed Borla 2.5" Cat-Back Single Outlet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2004, 09:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Installed Borla 2.5" Cat-Back Single Outlet

For those of you contemplating going to 2.5" cat-backs as part of your S2 upgrade you might want to look at the Borla #14926 system. It eliminates the "octy-pipe" setup and has both tail-pipes exiting the drivers side. It is listed for the non-turboed PT but was a direct bolt-on for my 03 GT. I did not even have to cut the lower valence to make ropom for the twin tail-pipes. My car is lowered and there is still plenty of room for the 2.5" pipe as it goes over the rear-axle. All the Borla mufflers are a straight-through design and this thing doesn't sound any different than it did with my BTG muffler.

As far as the twin tail-pipes are concerned...there have been a number of threads concerned with the 1 3/4" octy-pipes on the Mopar cat-back for the turbos ( also made by Borla). Some of you have mentioned how the exhaust is always stronger on the short pipe side. The Borla 14926 system eliminates that problem since the twin 1 3/4" tail-pipes are only about 6 inches long before they dump into the twin chrome megaphones.

I can e-mail pics to someone if they want to post them here for me.

Deen

Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:12 am
Fresh Cruiser

hyracer,

I agree with you about the Borla 2.5" single exhaust dual tip (Part number 14926) being an easy bolt-on, and no problems even if the PT is lowered (I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs on my '03 GT).

Check out this links for some pics I took during installation:
http://www.mooresmopars.com/GT-Cruis...ust/index.html

Stage1, BTG Strut Bar, Sun Hyperground system, Prototype Power CAI, no silencers, Eibach ProKit, Borla 2.5\" SSTL single w/dual tip, APC 2G Carbon Fiber Taillights, Chrome Fuel door, \'02 foldaway heated mirrors, OEM-style rear spoiler, Progress 22mm rear sway bar, TYC backup lights, Magnecor 8.5mm, stock plugs, MB Design \"Shifter\" 17x7.5 wheels, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 235/45/ZR17 tires
Old 28 Feb 2004, 04:06 pm
Cool Cruiser

I does not fit the stock cut out. Why don't they make a single tip?
Old 26 Aug 2008, 10:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Installed Borla 2.5" Cat-Back Single Outlet

Talk about a difference, you can definately hear it now. makes the car actually come to life, it was way to quite before with the stock exhast.The install was very easy, however i had a lift so i could get all the way under the car.might be a bit of a challange to do with just jack stands. i followed almost all the directions, only thing i did different was to leave the mufflers on the Y pipe and take the unit out as a whole. Must have 2 people for this to work though.
---------------
MICHEEL

http://www.hookup-tonite.com
Old 26 Aug 2008, 03:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. Just a suggestion, buy a set of ramps, Wal- Mart has them. You will never believe how handy they will be.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 28 Jul 2009, 10:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

i see you have the rear part on the yellow ramps how do you get the car up like that on them there facing the other way .

picture with the purple ptc on yellow ramps.

I tryed to use some raps my coworker has but when i try to drive up on them they hit the lower bumper almost riping the hole bottom off not universal i gess...
Old 28 Jul 2009, 10:28 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon666 View Post
i see you have the rear part on the yellow ramps how do you get the car up like that on them there facing the other way .

picture with the purple ptc on yellow ramps.

I tryed to use some raps my coworker has but when i try to drive up on them they hit the lower bumper almost riping the hole bottom off not universal i gess...
I use a couple of pieces of wood in front of the ramps to get the front end up a little higher to clear the first part of the car.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 29 Jul 2009, 05:50 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyracer View Post
All the Borla mufflers are a straight-through design
I don't think so. Straight-thru, to me means a straight line for the exhaust gas. As you can see from the picture, the muffler has 3 pipes - 1 in, 2 in parallel for exit. The exhaust goes from the center pipe to the side ones.
BTG exhaust - you can pick up each piece and look straight thru.
I'm not knocking Borla, just saying straight-thru it isn't.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles