Advertisements
hi pitch whine

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vipergts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Dec 2012, 05:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default hi pitch whine

just trying to find out if this sound im getting is normal ive tryd to search the forums and havent had much luck so i just installed a afe intake and when i get to about 3500 rpm i get a really hi pitched whistle or whineing noise i know i should hear the turbo spinning it just doesnt sound normal to me any input would be great thanks
Old 20 Dec 2012, 05:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: hi pitch whine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslice View Post
just trying to find out if this sound im getting is normal ive tryd to search the forums and havent had much luck so i just installed a afe intake and when i get to about 3500 rpm i get a really hi pitched whistle or whineing noise i know i should hear the turbo spinning it just doesnt sound normal to me any input would be great thanks
If you don't show any loss in power and you did't hear it before, then it must be the intake. They tend to be nosey. If that is not your thing then you should think about a K&N or other drop in for the stock box. Better air anyway.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 20 Dec 2012, 05:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

it doesnt seem like im losing any power i dont mind the sound just didnt know if that was normal i use to be able to hear the turbo spool up before but its alot louder if thats what it is
Old 31 Dec 2012, 09:32 am
Cool Cruiser

The stock airbox muffles the dentist drill sound compared to your open air setup....It is normal
Jimmy2011 likes this.
E1 Turbo, 3 Bar Map~Tip, 888/1025cc Duster's Injectors, Stage 1 PCM, Composite Intake Manifold, Airbox Mod With Drop In, Ported Exhaust Manifold, Walbro 255, 3 Inch Catless, Poly Mounts, Blue Plate, DCR Oil Mod, DSP, AEM A/F, FM WGA, N2mb Electronic Boost Controller, Power Demon ATX, Duster's CMR Tune, E85 Powered, Cross Driiled Rotors, BTG Springs, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 5K HID lights and fogs, LED Tails...3080 lbs in race trim.300WHP~345 Ft Lbs Torque @ 16PSI...Now boosting 19PSI, WHP And Torque numbers coming soon.
Old 22 Jan 2013, 04:21 am
Young Cruiser

It's the turbo getting more air. Your stock airbox restricted a ton of air and now your turbo has a natural whistle to it. Same thing happened when I installed my intake. Also if you have an aftermarket BOV/wastegate, that will be louder too. It's a normal sound.
Old 22 Jan 2013, 03:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Don't worry, when I got my Dejon Powerhouse "CAI" I started hearing that too. Now I just think of it as an indicator of how much my turbo is spool, as said in an earlier post.

I haven't heard anything bad about it, but you never know. This was just my experience.

Wife's White 2002 Limited: Konig 17" Rims, 5000k White HID Head Lights,

My Red 2003 GT: Sold.....