Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Greddy Profec EO-1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2004, 12:59 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Greddy Profec EO-1

Well, it was real nice out this weekend, so I picked up an EO-1 saturday and installed it. It was a rather painless job, nothing out of the ordinary. Setting it up in AUTO mode is a bit daunting though - it's just impossible around here to make the required WOT high gear runs it requires (i was hitting over 110 on a 45mph back country road!! my god, I felt like a stupid teenager again!). So I have to figure out the manual settings or get on a dyno.
One thing that burns my a*s about the EO-1 is the screen. I have yet to see any install in a PT, and the srt installs all look tacky to me. They should have included more mounting options / bracket set-ups. So far this has been the only pain of the install.. I made sure I had a suitable location before I purchased it, but the bracket won't accomodate me
Old 01 Mar 2004, 04:16 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo

Be careful with that my friend has an 11 second eclipse with the greddy E0-1. It has tons of tweaks you can do but it can get really confusing. He took it to the dyno a few times and could never get it tuned right so he sold it and got a different brand.

Good luck though greddy is an really good brand.

ADAM
Old 01 Mar 2004, 09:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Jason,

That was exactly why I went with the APEXi SAVR-R controller. Although Harder to install (5-8 Wires taping the PCM) It is compact and the bracket is adjustable to any configuration. I installed mine inside the Glove Compartment with 3M tape (The Black One) with my greddy TT. If I wanted to work with it, I would just open the compartment, If not it was nicely hidden with just my boost gauge on the Pilar.

Try to contact Hector From Exhaust Depot. He has one installed and I think he also has an e-Manage installed in his car. You can find his E-mail in the members list or look for him at the SRT Forums.

Ian
Old 01 Mar 2004, 04:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

I went to manual mode, have it set for 16psi. No problems yet.

The emanage is next (I've talked with Hector a little on it), but I'm also prototyping my own fuel management computer. My cousin is an electrical engineer in detroit with a lot of OEM auto experience. I had him draw up some schematics for me for adjustable switches that tap into sensors, etc.. I mentioned the emanage to him, and he died when he heard how much the FMC's cost! he said it was trivial to build, and did i want a palm, game boy, or pc client fun fun fun
- Custom exhaust: no muffler, side exit.
- Replaced air box with open end cone filter.
- Stage 1
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well, I found a decent place to mount the display for the E-01. The drivers side visor The diplay and remote (btw - it's not a wireless remote) are actually mounted on the cover of the vanity mirror. The cables tuck under the headliner, runs down behind the pillar to under the dash.
Flip down the visor, and viola! Quick access to data logging, boost maps, etc.. And the vanity mirror is still usable The only problem - if I swivel the visor to the side widow, the folks driving by me get a nice shot of it.
All in all though, it came out pretty nice.

I had previously used the TIP line in front of the TB for my pressure source for various items.. I finaly moved it to the other side of the TB, and the boost controller does seem to work better. And the boost guage gives a much nicer reading as well (most of the part throttle spikes I was reading before turned out to be false).
Here's what I did:
I teed off of the large plastic line that runs to the top of the TB. Pull the line out of the rubber 'L' connector. Plug a tee into the connector. To conenct the original line back to the other side of the tee, I used a 3" piece of fuel hose as a coupler between the tee and the plastic line. That leaves the original line connected again, and an open port on the tee. I used that port for my boost guage and EBC (the EBC needs 2 pressure lines - one for the solenoid, one for it's sensor).
So far, getting the stock WGA to carry anything over 14psi to redline has proven difficult.
- Stage 1
Old 03 Mar 2004, 12:39 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Jason, I dis something similar below is a pic that I took after I completed the setup....

Old 03 Mar 2004, 01:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

now i don't need to dig up the camera
- Stage 1
Old 06 Mar 2004, 12:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

hey Jason L,

please send me email or call me i have some info you may want.

tthrift@haynesjeep.com
1-800-296-5337 ext 338 mon - fri 8:00 - 4:00

thanks Tommy