PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Head porting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Mar 2004, 05:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Head porting?

Would you?

I'm thinking about it, what do you think?
Old 05 Mar 2004, 05:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Good porting is not cheap. Good porting will increase flow on both the intake and the exhaust side. Even better, on the exhaust side with the Turbo, make sure you get port matching. With the flow increased, the horse power goes up.

Mike
Old 05 Mar 2004, 06:03 pm
Senior Cruiser

Extrude Hone.........mmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm........

Not cheap either.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 06 Mar 2004, 06:30 am
Cool Cruiser

See Bob Stockums' site.
Tom
Old 06 Mar 2004, 12:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

i always woundered why all the big dogs running 18 psi with all the exhaust intake.... didn't have that done just never asked. sounds good to me.
Old 06 Mar 2004, 02:35 pm
Young Cruiser

In addition to Bob check out Nick at NRGY Heads! His work is incredible!. A true perfectionist, and his customer service is unparalelled. If you speak with him let him know I referred you.

http://www.nrgyheads.com/
Anthony
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection
Old 06 Mar 2004, 04:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo

Two things on that..
One) Make sure you do go to someone that knows what they are doing. I have been racing Hondas for years and have seen way too many times soneone spending a lot of money and actualy loosing HP because they go to somone that isnt experianced. Bigger isnt always better.. it's flow..

Two) Make sure you do port match the intake manifold or it realy isnt worth doing.

If and when you do this I am sure we will all be very interested in the results..

ADAM

Old 06 Mar 2004, 06:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 03baggedturbo

Two things on that..
One) Make sure you do go to someone that knows what they are doing. I have been racing Hondas for years and have seen way too many times soneone spending a lot of money and actualy loosing HP because they go to somone that isnt experianced. Bigger isnt always better.. it's flow..

Two) Make sure you do port match the intake manifold or it realy isnt worth doing.

If and when you do this I am sure we will all be very interested in the results..

ADAM
Yes to everything Adam said. Bigger is not always better. You can move the power curve so far up the RPM scale that the car becomes undrivable in the street. Oh, and port match to the exhaust manifold too. Especially with a boosted engine. The exhaust needs to flow like goose crap through a tin horn.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 07 Mar 2004, 09:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Save your money and buy the Turbo off of the SRT4 Stage 3 when it comes out. Of course that will require you to already have the S2 components installed on your GT.

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.