Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Busa_Powered
  • 1 Post By chris15
  • 1 Post By mole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2013, 08:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Upgrade question?

Hii this is my first post i have a 03 pt gt autpstick im getting ready to do the stage one pcm upgrade with the 04 srt4 injectors mod. Im going to take off the mbc i have on now because it ua useless and makes it run worse. Im going to get a wideband afr too im not sire if i need it but what the heck right. I guess my question what else can i do to get a littl more power. I have a few ideas i would like to do a bigger cam and rollers amd rockers i dont know ive just always wanted to do it to one of my cars maybe a waste of time any thoughts? And also a 3 inch downpipe cat delete with a muffler delete straight pipe. Do any of you have any good idea by the way its my daily driver but i like to have fun to and love to mess with my vehicles just always looking for new ideas
Old 19 Apr 2013, 10:35 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Upgrade question?

Go ask NitroPT. His is a performance professional. He has also designed camshafts. He is also into a performance build of his own. He can steer you to what will actually make HP. As the wrong combo of things can actually hurt performance.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 19 Apr 2013, 10:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks a lot my friend i will do that appreicate the reply
Old 19 Apr 2013, 10:41 am
Banned

Having fun cost money, how much" fun" do you want to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtskinnerPt View Post
Hii this is my first post i have a 03 pt gt autpstick im getting ready to do the stage one pcm upgrade with the 04 srt4 injectors mod. Im going to take off the mbc i have on now because it ua useless and makes it run worse. Im going to get a wideband afr too im not sire if i need it but what the heck right. I guess my question what else can i do to get a littl more power. I have a few ideas i would like to do a bigger cam and rollers amd rockers i dont know ive just always wanted to do it to one of my cars maybe a waste of time any thoughts? And also a 3 inch downpipe cat delete with a muffler delete straight pipe. Do any of you have any good idea by the way its my daily driver but i like to have fun to and love to mess with my vehicles just always looking for new ideas
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 19 Apr 2013, 10:56 am
Fresh Cruiser

I basically just want be fully stage one i want to make my car run o its fullest potential at stage one if that answers how much fun i want t have im just starting to piece everything together just waitimg on the stage one pcm to get here i figured that was a good start i have a mbc on right now and it useless and will be taking right off i have a mopar intake and the mopar bov with a custom exhaust but im pretty sold on staright piping it froma 3 inch down pipe with the cat deleted so now any other good ideas im open for any suggestions
Old 12 May 2013, 11:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Get a DSP and a wideband. Either tune it yourself or pay someone else to tune it (on a dyno, via email, whatever) and call it a day. If you run out of fuel for your needs, source larger injectors and rescale and retune.
needmoretoys likes this.

Old 13 May 2013, 03:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to mole

best bang for the buck is a DSP and tune. YES, get a wideband.
needmoretoys likes this.

2004 SRT-4 built
2005 SRT-4 mole' 16g bws setup. 380hp 444tq 11.7@122 100% stock motor/head/axles. Dsp tuned.
2003.5 MazdaSPEED Protege stock
2004 PtGT Atx BWS SETUP and a few bolt ons. stay tuned for dyno #s
Contact me for all your BWS/DCR needs..........
Old 30 May 2013, 07:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Airbox mod and K&N drop in...40$...3~4 WHP
E1 Turbo, 3 Bar Map~Tip, 888/1025cc Duster's Injectors, Stage 1 PCM, Composite Intake Manifold, Airbox Mod With Drop In, Ported Exhaust Manifold, Walbro 255, 3 Inch Catless, Poly Mounts, Blue Plate, DCR Oil Mod, DSP, AEM A/F, FM WGA, N2mb Electronic Boost Controller, Power Demon ATX, Duster's CMR Tune, E85 Powered, Cross Driiled Rotors, BTG Springs, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 5K HID lights and fogs, LED Tails...3080 lbs in race trim.300WHP~345 Ft Lbs Torque @ 16PSI...Now boosting 19PSI, WHP And Torque numbers coming soon.