Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
boost gauge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2004, 05:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default boost gauge

I would like to purchase a boost gauge, but would like some feedback as to which one to buy. I like the Mopar one because you can get it with a silver face, but at over $200.00 I'll take a pass. I have heard of some buzzing or clicking in some models but are not sure which ones those are. Any inf would be appreciated.
Also I have read on this forum and others about where to tap into for the boost gauge. It seems everyone has different thoughts and reasons on this one. I don't want to loose my brakes or get oil in the gauge. I geuss the $100.00 question is: where does the SRT-4 tap their boost gauge? I would think being stock from Mopar, this would be the best place as they would want to avoid any possible warranty work if something went bad.
Old 12 Mar 2004, 08:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

I got the Autometer "phantom series" they match, and have a green cover for the back light, looks pretty "stock"
Tom
Old 12 Mar 2004, 10:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have the Autometer Phantom Series gauges. The price for these gages is pretty reasonable. I have a boost gauge and a voltmeter. I used the green bulb covers and used a blue Sharpie marker to color over them. This gives you a blue-green glow when the gauge lights up. It's pretty close to the color of the lightup numbers on the stock gauges. I painted the pillar pod grey. It's very close to the color of the original piece. I've had people ask me if the car came from the factory that way. I used this link as a guideline for the installation:

http://www.vinylguy.com/boostgauge.htm

Autometer has a Cobalt Series and a Lunar Series of gauges. The Cobalts look like the factory guages. Both of these series tend to be pricey.
2003 GT - Patriot Blue. Mopar/Borla \"Turbo\" 2.5\" dual exhaust, K&N panel filter, AMX1397 intake pipe, dual guage pod, Autometer Phantom boost and volt guages, shorty antenna, back-up light trim rings, Streamline logo flames & antenna bezel flames(purple/blue color change), airbag flames(chrome), headlight flames, wheel center logos, billet doorlock pulls, racing pedals, Sylvania Silver Star headlight & turn signal bulbs- front & rear, \"super white\" foglight bulbs, \"clear marker\" tail lights, purple washer LEDs, hi-note horn, brushed billet fuel door, body color antenna bezel, cabin air filter.
Old 15 Mar 2004, 11:52 am
Regular Cruiser

Where did you buy the phantom gauges? Did you have to also buy tubing, t-fittings, etc. separately?
Old 15 Mar 2004, 05:10 pm
Cool Cruiser

Check out a couple of "topic" lines down, marked SPW guages.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

I got the gauges and pillar pod from Race & Street:

http://www.raceandstreet.com/ptindex/

The Autometer Phantom guages came with hardware - fittings, tubing, etc. The plastic T fitting I used to tap into the vacum source came from the local auto parts store.
2003 GT - Patriot Blue. Mopar/Borla \"Turbo\" 2.5\" dual exhaust, K&N panel filter, AMX1397 intake pipe, dual guage pod, Autometer Phantom boost and volt guages, shorty antenna, back-up light trim rings, Streamline logo flames & antenna bezel flames(purple/blue color change), airbag flames(chrome), headlight flames, wheel center logos, billet doorlock pulls, racing pedals, Sylvania Silver Star headlight & turn signal bulbs- front & rear, \"super white\" foglight bulbs, \"clear marker\" tail lights, purple washer LEDs, hi-note horn, brushed billet fuel door, body color antenna bezel, cabin air filter.