REBUILDING THE TURBO!!!!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2013, 11:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: REBUILDING THE TURBO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Or to scare the hell out of them so they'll know NOT to try it!...LOL Your definately practicing a lost art,but it is refreshing to see one of the few who doesn't believe in 'just throw it away and get a new one'.....If I had a turbo that needed rebuilding I might try it myself after seeing your tutorial.....But then in my life so far I have rebuilt 3-Carburetors,6-Alternators,2-a/c compressors,2-power steering pumps,and several brake & clutch master cylinders(slaves cylinders also)......Most out of cost effectiveness,and wanting to do it myself.....So,I have somewhat of a 'can do' attitude and that's always a good start........EXCELLENT JOB ON THE TUTORIAL!
Glad you like it. There is a couple on your list i still haven't done yet. Might have to give you a shout if I have to do one of them. That's me too, but cost effectiveness is the primary reason. I don't necessarily want to fix something. But in this case it really was fun doing something new and different and most haven't done. Surprised there wasn't dozens of how to's on this here. Been a mystery to long. The cats out of the bag!
jkgx777 likes this.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 26 Jan 2015 at 10:02 am. Reason: spelling
Old 26 Jan 2015, 09:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hope it is related to this topic :S

As some of you may know from another thread, I am experiencing difficulties with possibly the turbo in my 04 PT Cruiser, so (if I find myself in the situation of having to mess with the turbo) my question is: Does anybody know based on proven experience and facts what would be a bit stronger (even if it is aftermarket) turbo to go with? In other words, what is an upgrade to the td04lr to get not too crazy performance?

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 26 Jan 2015, 10:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasX View Post
Hope it is related to this topic :S

As some of you may know from another thread, I am experiencing difficulties with possibly the turbo in my 04 PT Cruiser, so (if I find myself in the situation of having to mess with the turbo) my question is: Does anybody know based on proven experience and facts what would be a bit stronger (even if it is aftermarket) turbo to go with? In other words, what is an upgrade to the td04lr to get not too crazy performance?

Thanks in advance guys!
No this is not the thread to do this. Right section but not this thread. Crewzen could you please move this to its on thread.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Mar 2015, 11:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Awesome tutorial Busted PT. I will use this as a reference for sure. I haven't done a turbo yet but I follow instruction well. Your info will get me there I am sure!

Thanks for sharing! Much appreciated!
767skyking and Busted_PT like this.