PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2005 Convertible GT Turbo Overheat (not fan?)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Aug 2013, 10:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2005 Convertible GT Turbo Overheat (not fan?)

I bought a 2005 GT Turbo Convertible about 2.5 years ago with ~90K. The radiator was leaking so I paid $600 to get it changed with a new OEM part at a small shop. Since then the temp gauge has risen going up hills with the AC in hot weather (over 100F). Also since I bought it the idle has been rough with AC.

Yesterday I went to the dealer for an oil change (synthetic oil every 4000 miles, the car now has 116k). I asked them to check the AC and told them about the temperature also. One hour labour later they said the fan is fine however the radiator has cold spots (needs to be changed) and there is green coolant in the system so it needs a flush and fill. Also the radiator mount is bent so the radiator is not fitting right. The small shop says the coolant is correct (it's a universal type) and since it was 13 months ago there is no warranty.

Anyway sorry for the long post but what should I do? Can a radiator shop do a Chemical flush to clean out the system, and get it working again? And I still think the idle is rough (almost feels like the motor is stumbling when you first press the gas), though the dealer says it is normal.