Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Boost Gauge tie in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Apr 2004, 07:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Boost Gauge tie in

Where are you tying your boost gauge into ???? I've looked at the intake manifold ,,,,, and I'm not real sure where I want to tie in to it with the boost gauge. I do not want to cut the factory plastic hoses.

George Thomas
Old 03 Apr 2004, 07:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by GT Kruzr

Where are you tying your boost gauge into ???? I've looked at the intake manifold ,,,,, and I'm not real sure where I want to tie in to it with the boost gauge. I do not want to cut the factory plastic hoses.

George Thomas
I tapped mine into the brake booster hose off the manifold. This is where the DC factory connects the SRT-4 boost gauge. I would recommend a metal tee fitting NAPA 715-1817. Some mis-informed people do not recommend this as they feel you some how may lose the brakes if the tee fitting blows off, this is complete bull $hit! The factory uses no clamps on this hose and it will not blow off, unless maybe you're running around 25+ psi boost and in that case you need to clamp the factory hose. I have never had a problem except for using a plastic tee, which never failed, but became very soft so I replaced it with the above metal tee.

I cut my hose and installed the tee. You could always add a piece of hose and place in between the factory hose and the manifold using the additional small hose off the manifold.

Works Great!
Old 04 Apr 2004, 02:13 am
Fanatic Cruiser

It also pulls vacuum which will further reduce the liklihood of the t-piece dislodging. Id suggest a metal one too.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html