PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
what's the best for me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2013, 11:05 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default what's the best for me?

hey guys, it's kinda weird posting here cuz i've never had too lol. my i want to boost that power of my turbo lite. i know i need a good down pipe and a stage 1. but what would be the best ones i can use. I know i need to get rid of the back pressure with a free flowing exhaust system but which one should i get? also, i don't really want a lot of noise like my flowmaster was on Eve, but i can't get power without noise, i'm fine with that. Should i invest in a K&N stock replacement air filter or go for a short ram? what do you guys think?
Old 09 Dec 2013, 11:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: what's the best for me?

I have a Diablo Tuner on mine and I love it. Makes lots of power. I went with the airbox mod on mine with a K&N filter. As for exhaust I took my muffler off.I'm pretty sure you can unbolt your muffler to hear what it sounds like. It sounds great. I little loud at idle but good going down the street. I found that I had a big boost leak (intake man. gasket) but I still ran a 14.6 95mph at the track. I can't wait to go back after the repair is made and see what it will do. I should be able to hold 16lbs, I did when I first install my tune. Good luck with your new car.

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 09 Dec 2013, 11:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

As to exhaust, I love mine.
I know the duals are only for looks - but if you're going to have duals, they should be functional with equal flow, and the BTGs do it with a "Y" splitter.
It is true "flow-thru" - you can look thru every piece - and even my wife likes the deep sound.

Chrysler PT Cruiser BTG PT Cruiser Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust System

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Dec 2013, 01:03 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
I have a Diablo Tuner on mine and I love it. Makes lots of power. I went with the airbox mod on mine with a K&N filter. As for exhaust I took my muffler off.I'm pretty sure you can unbolt your muffler to hear what it sounds like. It sounds great. I little loud at idle but good going down the street. I found that I had a big boost leak (intake man. gasket) but I still ran a 14.6 95mph at the track. I can't wait to go back after the repair is made and see what it will do. I should be able to hold 16lbs, I did when I first install my tune. Good luck with your new car.
how exactly does the diablo work, where do you hook it up?
Old 10 Dec 2013, 01:08 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
As to exhaust, I love mine.
I know the duals are only for looks - but if you're going to have duals, they should be functional with equal flow, and the BTGs do it with a "Y" splitter.
It is true "flow-thru" - you can look thru every piece - and even my wife likes the deep sound.

Chrysler PT Cruiser BTG PT Cruiser Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust System
that's beautifful. so it gets rid of the muffler, but what about the cat converter?
Old 10 Dec 2013, 01:14 am
Banned

Do what I did and just hollow it out so it looks legal, then get a non spark fouler, 3 bucks and add it to your sensor.

I have no muffler just a y split for the dual look

If you get a stage one you don't need a diablo
Old 10 Dec 2013, 05:07 am
Fanatic Cruiser

why would you say you don't need a Diablo? Can you tune a Stage 1? What if you go with a bigger turbo or bigger injectors? or you want to run E85?
The Diablo intune goes into your ODII port. It comes with a 93 octane(canned tune) that works very well. If you get the Trinity you can not only program but you can Log as well, it cost alot more. I have the Predator which is discontinued but you can still get one used. The only thing it doesn't do is adjust the shift points on your trans. I can't see spending the money on one unless that is as far as you want to go(Stage 1). As for the cat I wouldn't take it off mine is still on and I feel the car runs just fine with it there. I guess the question is how much HP are you going to try to get?

FEBRUARY CRUISER OF THE MONTH
Old 10 Dec 2013, 03:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanG View Post
that's beautifful. so it gets rid of the muffler, but what about the cat converter?
Bolts up just after cat converter - I went thru inspection back when they had quite tough inspections....(now they just see if CEL is on).

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Dec 2013, 02:55 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoretoys View Post
I guess the question is how much HP are you going to try to get?
as much as i can get.
Old 11 Dec 2013, 02:56 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Bolts up just after cat converter - I went thru inspection back when they had quite tough inspections....(now they just see if CEL is on).
nice