PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
aftermarket intercooler??

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2014, 09:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default aftermarket intercooler??

New to the forum so this has probably been covered. I was wondering if anybody makes a good aftermarket inner cooler. And while we are on the topic I need an hks flanged uhp...or am I gonna have to make one out of an srt4 hard pipe?
Thanks for your time. Matt
Old 22 Jan 2014, 11:33 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: aftermarket intercooler??

There have been a few "big" intercoolers made and sold.....
but you're not going to find one sitting on a shelf somewhere ready to ship. Also some generic I/C's have been installed by some creative hacking of the Cruiser front ends.

The photos and information are out there and available with an archive or Google search. That's your homework assignment because something tells me that if you can't do a decent search, you won't have the snap to do a decent install. Plan on tough and not on easy.

The same answer for the BOV flange. It's made from scratch, custom. You have to buy the flange and the pipe and weld it up. No 2 are the same.

Welcome to the forum.
CREWZIN likes this.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 12:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by series2dreamer683 View Post
New to the forum so this has probably been covered. I was wondering if anybody makes a good aftermarket inner cooler. And while we are on the topic I need an hks flanged uhp...or am I gonna have to make one out of an srt4 hard pipe?
Thanks for your time. Matt
Oh good another member that thinks we all know what every abbreviation is?
To help other member reading this thread.
UHP=Upper Hard Pipe

HKS= aftermarket part supply company

There is no such think that I am aware of that is an "inner cooler"?
There are "intercoolers" though!

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...eviations.html

And ya....information specific and general about " intercoolers" has been well covered not only on this and other PT Cruiser forums extensively but I believe any and every other vehicle forum on the internet for the last 20 years.

Hey Jerry I beat you to responding on this one!
But Brian you did do a rather good semi polite response?

Matt WELCOME TO THE FORUM.....sincerely!

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 22 Jan 2014, 01:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z...pse2c563e0.jpg This is a custom built. This is on PT crew. $530 shipped I believe. But if your looking for performance. Get a stage 1 or DSP. Or get mole to do you a big wheel turbo mod. These you will actually feel.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Jan 2014, 02:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info....I have already built the engine I'm waiting on the garrett gt3582. I have the manifold the wastegate and the bov. I haven't been able to find anyone with inner coolers that work much better than stock. This is why I am asking you guys but I guess not. And if I need to write out what uhp means then whoever is reading probably can't help me...or maybe I'm just not in the right place...sorry I wasted all of your time.
needmoretoys likes this.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 03:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Thanks for the info....I have already built the engine I'm waiting on the garrett gt3582. I have the manifold the wastegate and the bov. I haven't been able to find anyone with inner coolers that work much better than stock. This is why I am asking you guys but I guess not. And if I need to write out what uhp means then whoever is reading probably can't help me...or maybe I'm just not in the right place...sorry I wasted all of your time.
One should not assume things based on the recognition of the meaning of the three letters. Some of the people you are questioning have brought forth some of the biggest advances in the PT engine since they were built. So you decide if you should go. You just might want to hang out and learn whats new and who knows about it. Or not.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Jan 2014, 04:00 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well said....my apologies....
Busted_PT likes this.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 04:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
How did you determine that you needed a different IC. Are you competitive Drag or Track racing or is this just a street car that needs to show who has a bigger IC then the Ricer's contest?

You are only wasting your own time by NOT giving us more information about your PT and project. A few words and some of us who might be able to help you are suppose to interpret what you need from so little information. Try going to the PT Crew...you will be a big hit there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
One should not assume things based on the recognition of the meaning of the three letters. Some of the people you are questioning have brought forth some of the biggest advances in the PT engine since they were built. So you decide if you should go. You just might want to hang out and learn whats new and who knows about it. Or not.
Danny if he is asking about INTERCOOLERs and can't even spell it correctly then he really should be seeking help for something elsewhere?
Not that I spell great but when I am pointed out a word on a forum I miss-spelled I try to get it correct after that?

The comment itself regarding ICs is wrong! The word "better" then stock.
There are some interesting options for ICs that can be adapted with some common modding experience that can work very well. Laminova for one. But hey like he said "maybe I'm just not in the right place".

Most all aftermarket ICs use a universal core that is the most inefficient design on the market but hundreds are sold all the time. The Chrysler basic core is a very well engineered part.
It really is more about core type then size for most applications of air to air ICs anyway.

IC= Intercooler

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 22 Jan 2014 at 04:09 pm.
Old 22 Jan 2014, 04:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Well said....my apologies....
I'm assuming here that your an ASE master tech. Or is that related to something else?

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 22 Jan 2014, 07:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Aside from not being shiny stainless steel, I want to know who said our PT intercoolers were bad in the first place