Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Another ? for those with 3" down-pipes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Apr 2004, 09:17 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Another ? for those with 3" down-pipes

This question is for MEXICANPT and others who have switched over to a 3" down-pipe and cat.

Did any of you also replace the O-2 housing? That's where the exhaust actually has the smallest diameter...right after the turbo and just before the down-pipe.

I have my order in with Maxx Fabrication, but it wasn't until this morning that I realized that even with a 3" downpipe and cat there is still a bottle neck.

Deen

Old 08 Apr 2004, 03:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hyracer - I have retained the stock O2 housing. I did't have the wherewithall to do the O2 housing due to cost and higher difficulty of installation than the downpipe. I was also taking to heart what 3BarBoost said on the forum - that the cat was the major restriction and that the stock O2 housing should be good through Stage 3. Sorry I don't have the link to his message on that. I'm not currently staged, and am planning to wait and see on Stage 2 before I go for Stage 1.

Maxxfab makes an O2 housing that looks nice - it's fabricated rather than a casting and it has support brackets. There's a picture of it on their website.
Old 08 Apr 2004, 04:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

I also retained the stock 02 housing, but rest assured, teh difference is very noticeable.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 09 Apr 2004, 07:37 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks guys!

I got an e-mail back from Maxx-Fab also stating I wouldn't see a major differance by purchasing the O-2 housing until we start boosting upwards of 18-19 psi. Guess I can always add the O-2 housing later if I get the urge to step on it that hard...

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.