Advertisements
green or orange antifreeze

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By samss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2014, 10:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Exclamation green or orange antifreeze

I bought my 2005 pt cruiser convertible.turbo touring edition. i never used the orange antifrezze i only used green on other cars.when i bought my pt cruiser it came in with the orange antifrezze in the system but i dont knw what gives me when i see it.also i never saw this before i see that it is very oxidized and dirty fhe water is it because its orange antifrezze.. i never saw this on my other cars that used green.who out there uses the green 50/50 on they pt cruiser turbo instead of the recommended orange one? im thinking of flushing system proffesionally.and begining the green one 50/50? any thought guys?
question:
1.whats the difference green and orange in regards to function of my pt cruiser turbo ?
2.is the mopar recommended antifrezze for turbo is the same as at autozone (which is the orange) ?
3.is there anyone out there that changed fluids from one color to the other? what happened?
*orange antifrezze for got the name but is the recommended by chrysler for the pt starts with letter "D"
Old 15 May 2014, 05:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: green or orange antifreeze

Check out the Sticky about HOAT in the Tech and Performance section. I would recommend using HOAT antifreeze. NAPA sells ZEREX G05.
Old 15 May 2014, 06:44 am
Senior Cruiser

Glad no-one asks my ex... I caught her putting the blue anti-freeze in the rad one morning
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 15 May 2014, 07:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by samss View Post
Check out the Sticky about HOAT in the Tech and Performance section. I would recommend using HOAT antifreeze. NAPA sells ZEREX G05.
Agree. I buy the Zerex G05 from NAPA.
And used distilled water - supermarkets sell it for steam irons.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 May 2014, 09:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholarshipboy View Post
I bought my 2005 pt cruiser convertible.turbo touring edition. i never used the orange antifrezze i only used green on other cars.when i bought my pt cruiser it came in with the orange antifrezze in the system but i dont knw what gives me when i see it.also i never saw this before i see that it is very oxidized and dirty fhe water is it because its orange antifrezze.. i never saw this on my other cars that used green.who out there uses the green 50/50 on they pt cruiser turbo instead of the recommended orange one? im thinking of flushing system proffesionally.and begining the green one 50/50? any thought guys?
question:
1.whats the difference green and orange in regards to function of my pt cruiser turbo ?
2.is the mopar recommended antifrezze for turbo is the same as at autozone (which is the orange) ?
3.is there anyone out there that changed fluids from one color to the other? what happened?
*orange antifrezze for got the name but is the recommended by chrysler for the pt starts with letter "D"
Regardless of what you read on the subject. It all comes down to marketing fee with the car maker. The triditional green is a 3 year life and the others usually 5. But most have gone to a universal 5 yr. of different colors including green. Glad you pointed out about the nasties you are having with the accepted colors. They are not immune to this either. If hoat was so important, then why is it no longer available to our european brothers at their chrysler dealers?

Use what you want but don't mix to be safe. Some are still made with different stuff. Flush first and as someone said use distilled water. To cut down on mineral deposits in the system. JMHO We have a member with 250+k miles and been using green a long time.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 15 May 2014, 09:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Neither.

Go with yellow Prestone Long Life Antifreeze. It is specifically recommended by Chrysler. It is compatible with the old orange Duracool (HOAT) antifreeze and the old green stuff. And it doesn't get the solid particulate buildup that the orange antifreeze seems to sometimes create.

I once managed an environmental cleanup behind a car dealership where they had been dumping orange antifreeze out of cars. That stuff is definitely not good for the environment.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 15 May 2014 at 09:57 am.
Old 15 May 2014, 04:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
Neither.

Go with yellow Prestone Long Life Antifreeze. It is specifically recommended by Chrysler. It is compatible with the old orange Duracool (HOAT) antifreeze and the old green stuff. And it doesn't get the solid particulate buildup that the orange antifreeze seems to sometimes create.

I once managed an environmental cleanup behind a car dealership where they had been dumping orange antifreeze out of cars. That stuff is definitely not good for the environment.
True chrysler is pink.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 15 May 2014, 05:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
True chrysler is pink.
It all starts out fresh and pink. But grows less appealing with age.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 15 May 2014 at 05:55 pm.
Old 16 May 2014, 07:03 am
Dedicated Cruiser

How often should it be changed? Is the better determining factor miles? or time?

As long as it is working, I've been advised to let it be.

Harry

2005 Touring n/a - Cool Vanilla with J&J vertical billet grille, PTeazer tail lights, Chrome wheels and Baby Moons.
Old 16 May 2014, 07:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
It all starts out fresh and pink. But grows less appealing with age.
LMBOBO!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrym View Post
How often should it be changed? Is the better determining factor miles? or time?

As long as it is working, I've been advised to let it be.
There is a guideline from the maker of each product for both. I would say whichever first. If not sooner.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com