PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
MOPAR Exhaust just put on..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Apr 2004, 07:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo
Default MOPAR Exhaust just put on..

I got back a while ago after putting the MOPAR Exhaust on..

Anyone looking for a dual exhaust this is the only one that I have seen that the muffler actually makes both pipes functional (Doesn't come off the muffler and T over to the other side). The pipe goes in the muffler then U-Bends around coming out the back where two fully functional pipes come out..

Talking to a few people that have other systems when they lowered there car it hits the rear suspension.. I Aired my PT all the way out and it clears everything.. I was pleasantly surpised as I was thinking I was going to have to modify it since my suspension goes up a lot..

You really need to wait a while before knowing the final sound of an exhaust but so far I like the tone, I really do not like giving seat of the pants feel but it does feel faster through out the powerband

ADAM
Old 21 Apr 2004, 09:44 pm
Young Cruiser

[]I've got the same set on my GT turbo, very quite. I have a aet on my wife's '03Touring that has the one pipe coming out the rear of the muffler and the other pipe comes out the front. Hers is not as quite as the GT. Probably better mine is quite seeing I get on it a lot more!![?][?]
Old 22 Apr 2004, 03:11 am
Veteran Cruiser

Congrats on getting your Mopar exhaust. I've heard they have a nice sound and that they vent evenly out of both pipes. It's true about the sound changing over time. My Heartthrob sinble catback has gotten a deeper sound now that it has been on for a couple of months.......go-vair, a turbo car is quieter than a na PT anyways so that's why your wife's PT is louder.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 Apr 2004, 04:34 am
Young Cruiser

Oh boy Adam, now you're gonna fire up all the haters who can tell just by looking at it that it won't perform well since it's not a "Straight Through" design. "Octypipes" is the term I believe they used.

Oh well, I've been quite pleased with my Mopar exhaust.

Aloha,
Mark
Old 22 Apr 2004, 02:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

These MOPAR/Borla exhausts were on the drag cars at the last block party and I was very impressed with the power they made in stage 1 and the lack of noise they produced at anything other than WOT! Saving my pennies now for one!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 04:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

I like mine alot too. Nice the way the muffler tucks up out of sight. And, they have got to be the best looking tips in the business. If you go for the downpipe with 3" cat, it will get louder - though still no drone.
Old 22 Apr 2004, 05:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

I am very happy with the Mopar Exhaust. I highly recommend it.
Old 24 Apr 2004, 02:26 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by divots

Oh boy Adam, now you're gonna fire up all the haters who can tell just by looking at it that it won't perform well since it's not a "Straight Through" design. "Octypipes" is the term I believe they used.

Oh well, I've been quite pleased with my Mopar exhaust.

Aloha,
Mark
Are yo trying to fire us octy-pipe haters up, .
Old 25 Apr 2004, 12:21 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Does this particular system require relocating the spare tire? Just curious. I'm in the market to replace my BTG system.
2003 GT - Patriot Blue. Mopar/Borla \"Turbo\" 2.5\" dual exhaust, K&N panel filter, AMX1397 intake pipe, dual guage pod, Autometer Phantom boost and volt guages, shorty antenna, back-up light trim rings, Streamline logo flames & antenna bezel flames(purple/blue color change), airbag flames(chrome), headlight flames, wheel center logos, billet doorlock pulls, racing pedals, Sylvania Silver Star headlight & turn signal bulbs- front & rear, \"super white\" foglight bulbs, \"clear marker\" tail lights, purple washer LEDs, hi-note horn, brushed billet fuel door, body color antenna bezel, cabin air filter.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 12:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

If I may be so crude, what's the cost of the MOPAR duals?
\'05 Chevy 2500HD TurboDiesel
\'05 Suzuki SV650