Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
03 pt gt factory tune question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2014, 03:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 03 pt gt factory tune question

I havnt been able to find an answer anywhere yet so figured this would be the best place to ask. Ive been playing with and making parts for neons and srt4s for years now including street tuning and never had an issue with the stock turbo spooling up. Mine is a stage 0 so i know anything over 16lb will give an overboost code so i left it on pcm controlled boost but it takes SO LONG to hit full boost. 4500 rpm average. No boost leaks, turbo is fine and the car was well taken care of with 87k on her. So my question is, does the factory tune not let it hit full boost until 4500rpm? Thanks for the replies
Old 29 Sep 2014, 10:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: 03 pt gt factory tune question

Are you confirming that with a boost gauge? It should be into full boost well before that. If it indeed checks out, you may have a problem with your wastegate actuator, such as a leaking or ruptured diaphragm, or some amount of negative tension in the arm.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 01:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
Are you confirming that with a boost gauge? It should be into full boost well before that. If it indeed checks out, you may have a problem with your wastegate actuator, such as a leaking or ruptured diaphragm, or some amount of negative tension in the arm.
No boost gauge yet. It did it with the factory wastegate and now does it on the agp wastegate. Did it on factory bov and the greddy one i have now as well. Im gonna take it off pcm boost this week to see if that fixes the issue. If it does, ill just get an intune a little sooner lol
Old 30 Sep 2014, 04:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Brian aka 2step, you may want to go read some of the new member Srtgen1 information & posts while there is only a few? That may help you consider a few things for helpful future response to him?

Srtgen1 you should know with your indicated experience that you should have an AFR gauge.

I know with my PT the spiked boost hits so fast it would be difficult to watch the tach, boost gauge and more importantly the road at the same time?

In stock mechanical & PCM configuration 05 GT 14.75+ psi @ aprox. 3400

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 30 Sep 2014 at 04:05 pm.
Old 01 Oct 2014, 12:00 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
Brian aka 2step, you may want to go read some of the new member Srtgen1 information & posts while there is only a few? That may help you consider a few things for helpful future response to him?

Srtgen1 you should know with your indicated experience that you should have an AFR gauge.

I know with my PT the spiked boost hits so fast it would be difficult to watch the tach, boost gauge and more importantly the road at the same time?

In stock mechanical & PCM configuration 05 GT 14.75+ psi @ aprox. 3400
This is something i know. Funds tightened up once i got the car so just wanted to throw a few things on while i waited on the the other parts. It just has baffled me since i got it why it takes so long to hit full boost. When it hits, it pulls hard. Just takes forever to get there lol