Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lifted throttle noise ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Oct 2014, 06:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Lifted throttle noise ?

2003, 160,000 miles. Second turbo. Today I started getting a fairly loud noise when lifting the throttle after a bit of acceleration 😊.
Sound is a shirt rattle, hiss and flutter, EOT code on the ODB bus didn't find anything when I looked it up, don't think it's related. Any suggestions ?
Old 02 Oct 2014, 09:39 am
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Lifted throttle noise ?

There was a post on dealer PCM reflash that cured some type of turbo noise, posted long time ago
Old 02 Oct 2014, 10:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Might not help at all but you might try making sure all your plumbing is tight.

The air piping on my turbo GT keeps coming loose. No particular reason for it to do so. I'm thinking of replacing all the stainless steel hose clamps.

Ignorance can be cured with knowledge, but Stupid is forever.
Old 02 Oct 2014, 11:32 am
Senior Cruiser

Do you have a blow off valve or a stock "purge" valve? Your problem could be with either of those if they are not set up just right or if their function has become compromised.

For your homework.....
http://www.gfb.com.au/tech/faqs/19-b...r-pigeon-noise
Old 17 Oct 2014, 11:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngreen View Post
2003, 160,000 miles. Second turbo. Today I started getting a fairly loud noise when lifting the throttle after a bit of acceleration ��.
Sound is a shirt rattle, hiss and flutter, EOT code on the ODB bus didn't find anything when I looked it up, don't think it's related. Any suggestions ?
Hey there. I am brand new here and this will be my first post. I just bought an '03 Dream Cruiser and I have that same sound. I was quick to find that if I lift the hood and manually blip the throttle cable, it appears that the throttle cable has a "bounce" to it that is the source of the sound. You can even do this with the engine off and get the same sound. I have not yet devised a fix but it seems that MAYBE the throttle cable has like a half inch too much slack in it? Not sure if it is possible to tighten it? Hope this helps you at least with where the issue stems from. If you find a fix please let me know, I have a very busy schedule and have not had time to get back to it after finding the source.

Last edited by TangerineDream76; 31 Oct 2014 at 12:24 am.
Old 18 Oct 2014, 09:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA9VQF View Post
Might not help at all but you might try making sure all your plumbing is tight.

The air piping on my turbo GT keeps coming loose. No particular reason for it to do so. I'm thinking of replacing all the stainless steel hose clamps.
This is where I'd look.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles