PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Intune l1000 on 06 pt limited turbo atx?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2014, 08:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Intune l1000 on 06 pt limited turbo atx?

I'm new to the page and I'm looking for some advice on diablo sport intune and wondering if I can run it on an 06 limited turbo atx on their site it say 03-06 pt gt and I'm not sure if it will work on mine any help is greatly appreciated
Old 14 Oct 2014, 09:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Intune l1000 on 06 pt limited turbo atx?

I will say no at this point because their site is specific.
This is a question that really only should be talked with Diablosport.
All of their calibrations are model specific

You could also seek out a Chrysler CMR and talk with them about getting a custom tune for your specific model PT Cruiser. But again I feel that is the original model was not intended for the DSI than you may have trouble getting even a CMR to do a calibration for you?

And lastly Diablosport has their own forum that you should really be posting question about.

Dioblosport
https://www.diablosport.com/

forum

https://www.diablosport.com/forum/

To be sure as you stated your vehicle as you said is not listed as one that it will work with:
Select your vehicle to check compatibility

Tunes
We've spent thousands of engineering hours to bring more tuning options that increase horsepower, torque and fuel economy for your ride. Select your vehicle from the pull down menu above to see the tunes calibrated to your vehicle.
CREWZIN likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 25 Oct 2014, 09:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlud56 View Post
I'm new to the page and I'm looking for some advice on diablo sport intune and wondering if I can run it on an 06 limited turbo atx on their site it say 03-06 pt gt and I'm not sure if it will work on mine any help is greatly appreciated
Tried my InTune on my Brother in Laws 05 Turbo lite atx car and it shows as not compatable. Now I have a question though. Is it possible to run a GT PCM in the Lite and flash your key skim to the GT pcm and have it run the car?!
Old 25 Oct 2014, 10:10 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLNeon View Post
Tried my InTune on my Brother in Laws 05 Turbo lite atx car and it shows as not compatable. Now I have a question though. Is it possible to run a GT PCM in the Lite and flash your key skim to the GT pcm and have it run the car?!
First, I am still a neophyte when it comes to this turbo PT tuning stuff. Busted_PT, NitroPT and few other long-time turbo members will likely be much more definitive sources for this.

One of the questions you might want to ask these knowledgeable members is if you can put a Stage 1 PCM in your turbo lite in order to gain DSI compatibility. You can order the Stage 1 pre-programed to already work with your SKEM all for under $300. It will just be plug and play. That might give a considerable boost in performance by itself. And then it is likely that the DSI will then be capable. Understand that the DSI will completely override the Stage 1 except for transmission functions. But as an intermediate step to gain compatibility with the DSI, it may be to the better choice and possibly less expensive choice.

This would be my initial approach to solve the issue you have. But I would would first confirm this will work with these turbo guys. It will be interesting to see what they say.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 25 Oct 2014 at 10:13 am.
Old 25 Oct 2014, 11:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy_Cruiser View Post
First, I am still a neophyte when it comes to this turbo PT tuning stuff. Busted_PT, NitroPT and few other long-time turbo members will likely be much more definitive sources for this.

One of the questions you might want to ask these knowledgeable members is if you can put a Stage 1 PCM in your turbo lite in order to gain DSI compatibility. You can order the Stage 1 pre-programed to already work with your SKEM all for under $300. It will just be plug and play. That might give a considerable boost in performance by itself. And then it is likely that the DSI will then be capable. Understand that the DSI will completely override the Stage 1 except for transmission functions. But as an intermediate step to gain compatibility with the DSI, it may be to the better choice and possibly less expensive choice.

This would be my initial approach to solve the issue you have. But I would would first confirm this will work with these turbo guys. It will be interesting to see what they say.
Great info, now where can the Mopar Stg1 pcm be ordered from? Do you get a new pcm, or have to send ours in?
Old 25 Oct 2014, 12:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Upgrading to a Chrysler STAGE 1 PCM will NOT allow the Diablo Sport to work on a Turbo Lite.

Regarding a TurboLite as far as I am aware about the only thing you can do is a the Chrysler off road PCM (if applicable) or a stand alone PCM/ECU.

If you contact Diablo sport they will give a quick answer: CHRYSLER 2006 PT CRUISER GT 2.4L TURBOCHARGED ONLY

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 26 Oct 2014, 02:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

what about dude upgrading to a 2006 gt pcm to be able to use the diablosport and be at the gt level of performance? rocketman did on his
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 03:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbsr05pt View Post
what about dude upgrading to a 2006 gt pcm to be able to use the diablosport and be at the gt level of performance? rocketman did on his
He did not exactly do that! He is working with a new company that has a PCM calibration system. We have talked a bit last year with some questions the company had regarding PT Cruisers operating systems.

Sometimes you can't fight the fact that if you are going to upgrade something that things are not designed to be used on that you either have to really know what you are doing, have friends that know what they are doing, lots of money and time for trail and error making things work. See Chris15 PT Project and you will know what I am talking about. Chris has worked very hard for at least a couple or more years and still has not got a reliable and fully operational project PT yet. But close!

You can also look at Armycruiser project and his part pulling expedition to upgrade a NA to Turbo spec's.

IMHO if you wanted to performance mod a PT Cruiser you should have started with a GT model to begin with. BTW the 06 has a claimed *10hp over the 05 and CANbus (*PCM calibration adjustment only) is not user friendly when upgrading anything that connects to the electrical system without some formal training on CANbus systems.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 26 Oct 2014, 03:27 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

So are there any site supporting vendors that offer the Stage 1 pcm's then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
He did not exactly do that! He is working with a new company that has a PCM calibration system. We have talked a bit last year with some questions the company had regarding PT Cruisers operating systems.

Sometimes you can't fight the fact that if you are going to upgrade something that things are not designed to be used on that you either have to really know what you are doing, have friends that know what they are doing, lots of money and time for trail and error making things work. See Chris15 PT Project and you will know what I am talking about. Chris has worked very hard for at least a couple or more years and still has not got a reliable and fully operational project PT yet. But close!

You can also look at Armycruiser project and his part pulling expedition to upgrade a NA to Turbo spec's.

IMHO if you wanted to performance mod a PT Cruiser you should have started with a GT model to begin with. BTW the 06 has a claimed *10hp over the 05 and CANbus (*PCM calibration adjustment only) is not user friendly when upgrading anything that connects to the electrical system without some formal training on CANbus systems.
Old 26 Oct 2014, 04:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLNeon View Post
So are there any site supporting vendors that offer the Stage 1 pcm's then?
I do not know what all the Chrysler STAGE 1 application were?
You could try calling FWD Performance and ask if they can contact the vendor that supplies there refurbished(?) MOPAR STAGE 1 to see what was available for the Turbo Lites? Or look at Megasquirt ECU.

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN