PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Inter Cooler Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2004, 03:46 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to stehmangarage
Default Inter Cooler Question

1. Im going to get a stage 2 turbo kit from mopar later this year, would i be able to add a inter cooler to it? and where would i buy one.

Also

Should i even stick to a factory turbo system? or buy an after market
Old 29 Apr 2004, 07:20 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

Do you have the turbo lite? All 03 turbos have an intercooler...and so do the 220 hp 04s....

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 29 Apr 2004, 09:54 am
Cool Cruiser

are you trying to say that the 180HP '04s don't have an intercooler? I find that hard to beleive.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 10:44 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stehmangarage

1. Im going to get a stage 2 turbo kit from mopar later this year, would i be able to add a inter cooler to it? and where would i buy one.

Also

Should i even stick to a factory turbo system? or buy an after market
If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you have a Naturally Aspirated PT and not a Factory GT or Turbo-Lite car.
if this is the case, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Staged kits are for cars already equipped with a factory turbo engine.It is not an add-on turbo kit.Mopar does not offer any add-on turbo or supercharger kits.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 29 Apr 2004, 11:44 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by crazyjoe

are you trying to say that the 180HP '04s don't have an intercooler? I find that hard to beleive.
I don't know...I'm not an expert...but I thought I remember talking on here that it didn't....could easily be wrong....

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 29 Apr 2004, 11:50 am
Fanatic Cruiser

A good question would be: who would or will make a larger air to air intercooler for our stage two upgraded PT?[8)]
Old 29 Apr 2004, 12:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

ALL of the stock turbo PT's, either GT/HO or the Turbo-lites, have intercoolers and they are all the same intercoolers. As far as the engine is concerned, only the PCM is changed on the '04 HO from the '04 180 hp turbo. The differences, in addition to the PCM that is calibrated for regular unleaded gasoline, include brakes, springs, wheels, tires, etc.

The Stage kits will work great on the Turbo-lite but, as previously stated, Mopar doesn't make a kit that will change a NA PT to a turbo PT.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 12:23 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hey guys, according to stehmangarage's profile he has an '04 Turbo. So....

1. Are you looking for an Intercooler upgrade as well as Stage 2? If so I have yet to come across any aftermarket Intercooler upgrades for the PT.
2. Turbo Lite's do have an Intercooler and as MichaelDay points out the only difference between an '04 HO Turbo and an '04 Turbo Lite is the PCM. ALL '04 Turbos already come with the larger injectors that an '03 gets with a Stage 1 upgrade, so doing S1 on an '04 is simply a PCM swap out.
3. Regardless of which Turbo motor you start with adding a Stage Kit (any) will bring them all up to a level playing field.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 01:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

my bad...just shoot me next time

Old 29 Apr 2004, 03:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

IMHO the factory turbo is far superior to anything I have ever seen for street performance meeting Federal law! That includes turbo and supercharger systems!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.