PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Why Im going smaller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2004, 07:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt
Default Why Im going smaller

Ive said in the past that I was going to get a 3 inch turbo-back exhaust with one resonator. Ive finally decided against it. Why? Stupid cops around here have been handing my friends tickets for loud exhausts like candy. Its crazy! I cant understand how deafning harleys can ride around but we can have our fart pipes. Bah.

So I guess Im going to just do the 3 inch maxxfabb dp and a 2.5 muffled exhaust The last thing I need is worrying about getting pulled over for something stupid like that. Im seriously considering the Hearthrob. My only worry is Im low as heck. 3 inches in the rear...any thoughts?
Old 30 Apr 2004, 08:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Saki, I have the Maxxfab 3" DP w/dual tip HThrob system. Getting a 3" to fit over the axle will be tough without it hitting on something. The 2.5" hits some bar [:I] under there on occasions. I'm dropped 2". My driveway appron is short~n~steep but does not scrape the tips. I removed the mid-pipe resonator and it's not to loud. Nowhere near as loud as the coffee cans around here. Just my .02
Good Luck! [?]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 01 May 2004, 12:14 am
Cool Cruiser

You should wait. Trubendz is comming out with a new set up for the GT.
http://www.trubendz.com
Old 01 May 2004, 12:33 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Saki,
I was going to have that problem, so I had a Magnaflow seated where the spare tire was. It's hidden and out of the way, so all you see from behind my car is the red Eibach swaybar and the two pipes. That's if you are willing to move the spare. I had a slate grey cover made for it. The spare will sit low enough that you can lower the cargo tray to the lowest setting without issue.
Just a thought.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 01 May 2004, 10:29 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

What would be the benefit of the Trubendz? Looks like all they are offering are ones with resonators? [:I]

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 01 May 2004, 10:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

What would be the benefit of the Trubendz? Looks like all they are offering are ones with resonators? [:I]
It has a mid-pipe resonator with a perforated core magna flow muffler at the back and all S.S. Heartthrob is good, but it is not S.S. and it has a larger muffler at the back. [:I]
Old 01 May 2004, 10:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo

I have the MOPAR exhaust and my pt layes on the groung.. i have no clearance problems.. if it is too loud you could always put a resonator on the strait part..

ADAM
Old 02 May 2004, 02:07 am
Senior Cruiser

I think 03baggedturbo has the right way to go![?]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.