Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Major Turbo problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 May 2004, 10:35 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Major Turbo problems

I have this beautiful 2003 Patriot Blue GT, I waited for a long time for the turbo to come out when it did I was one of the first to purchase the vehicle in CT. Last year I started hearing a noise in the steering when turning and had an acceleration problem with the car. I took my car back to the dealer and for each correction another problem occured. So far the following has been done my car: clock spring replaced, pcm flashed (3)times, fan reactivated, fan replaced, replace steering gear internal bushings, power steering rack replaced, tighten and reposition tourque, lube column,air/bag occupant restraint control replaced.

To date the noise to the steering is still there. At one point this grainey liquid was leaking from the steering wheel and. I assume that the dealer just got tired of me bringing the car back. Now everytime I take the car back, I'm told they can't duplicate the problem. I wrote Chrysler and they asked me to bring it back.

Now my car has completely failed. While parked at a Kentucky chicken I proceed to turn the car on it was a rainy day and was trying to figure out why my defrost wouldn't work. Well little did I know that when I put my car in reverse my car started to roll back, my foot was on the brakes to the floor and the car wouldn't stop. I had no steering control, no braking control and no matter if I put the car in Park, Drive or neutral my car continued to roll back. If it wasn't for the emergency brake I don't know how many cars I wouldn't hit.

Has anyone experience any problems like this with there turbo? I'm at a lost and evidently so is the dealer. I have a very unsafe car and the dealer keeps denying this.

Any info comments suggestion will be appreciated.

thanks
Iris[V]
Old 04 May 2004, 11:48 am
Cool Cruiser

Check and see if you have a lemon law in your state, if you do I'd push it to get a new car.

Unfortunately it sounds like you car was built on a Friday or something?

Old 04 May 2004, 12:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

DEFINITELY pursue a Lemon Law case if available to you. It would not be hard to make a case that this car endagered your safety.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 04 May 2004, 02:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Definately pursue the lemon law:

For CT:

Passenger and commercial motor vehicles sold or leased within the state. Excludes agricultural tractors. (M)

4 repair attempts or 30 calendar days out of service. 2 repair attempts if serious safety hazard.

2 years or 18,000 miles, whichever period occurs first.

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/CT_lemonlaw.html

I would also suggest going to another dealer for warranty service. A Dodge dealer can do warranty work and probably has better service than a Chrysler dealer.
Old 04 May 2004, 04:20 pm
Young Cruiser

Call me paranoid, but I think Iris is a not-well disguised troll.
All that stuff went wrong with the car (all of it unrelated to anything else) and no help, particularly the hydraulic brakes & reverse? C'mon . . .
Old 04 May 2004, 04:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

I really don't think that's called for.
Old 04 May 2004, 05:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Iris, welcome to this forum and good luck.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 04 May 2004, 07:06 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I had a steering problem. When I turned the wheel I'd hear a sound from the steering rack. Turns out it was a hose, and there was a TSB out on it. Replaced the hose, and now it's gone.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html