Advertisements
Diablosport help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NitroPT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2015, 04:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Diablosport help

He guys, I bought a used unlocked Diablosport Tuner. I plugged it in, downloaded the tune and took it for a drive. I began to spit and shudder under full boost, so I removed the tune and regapped my plugs. Now when I plug the Tuner in all my warning lights come on (airbag, low fuel, abs, ex) and the words "no bus" come in the message center. Its an 04 Gt high output, any ideas?
Old 12 Mar 2015, 05:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Diablosport help

Well hopefully you did a PCM back up before to uploaded or made any changes.

Re-upload your base/stock file. Use a SCANNING TOOL only NOT the key dance, access the OBDII Diagnostic port and note the DTC's and then clear them.

After that start your PT.

Read through this thread.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...iser-parts.htm

Then start over again as if you just got the DiabloSpoprt (? which model DSP,DST,DSI). MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY OR CONNECT IT TO A CHARGER WHILE YOU DO THE BASELINE SET UP. Do a back up of you stock PCM. Then start the PT and make sure that part is ok. At this point you can now attempt to upload the tunes or make changes to calibrations in the PCM.

I RECOMMEND TO USE ONLY THE 91 TUNE.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 12 Mar 2015, 08:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Its a dsp. Yeah I put my stock tune on the Predator, then put the Diablo tune on. After driving it (and misfiring like crazy) I put the stock tune back on with no issues. Now that I regapped my plugs and try to hook the dsp up I get the "no bus" error. I talked to 2 Dodge/Chrysler techs about the problem. My buddies dad is a Dodge tech with 20+ years of experience and he says I fried my Pcm. I dont see how that's possible because I daily drive the car without and issues or CEL. The other guy I talked to is a Chrysler tech and he said "no bus" means no communication between the Pcm and gauge cluster, however if the gauge cluster is working fine until I plug into the Obd2 port and the port my be my issue. I have to plug in my generic scan tool to see if it will communicate. If it doesn't I have to check the gound wires going from the port to the Pcm and to the gauge cluster. Also check the "can bus" wire at the Obd2 port to the Pcm. I just wanted to see if anyone else had these issues before I have to rip my dash apart and trace wires.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 09:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Last edited by Busted_PT; 12 Mar 2015 at 09:36 pm.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 11:43 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Usually when I get the no bus error either the battery is bad or the battery cells need refilling to the proper levels. Some will say "Hey its a maintenance free battery", my battery is a maintenance free battery and I am still filling it up every two months to the proper fluid levels. As NitroPT says make sure its a fully charged battery.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 11:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Look carefully at the Dignostic port connector pins for any damage, like bent pins.

Your problem may have been pre-existing before the DSP calabration?

Your Predetor is no longer supported by DiabloSport. My advise would be to un-marry it and sell it . Then purchase a DST or DSI which is still supported with free online updates and information.

Not sure what the gapping has to do with your problem? I run a DST and gap .028 for N20 and for normal Dailey driving .042. My customers PTs I set always to .042 useing Champion Copper top single electrode spark plugs.
SPLNeon likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 12 Mar 2015 at 11:58 pm.